Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9er View Post

I'll believe it when Hugh confirms your stats Mr Sporto
    Yes I would like to hear from Hugh on this as well. I am sure we only got T, E and S models in Oz.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

That's okay guys, I wont take it personally.

Comment

Hi Guys
        I have been a bit busy of late and not on the board(s) at all but ben sent me a message re this thread.
        just to confuse things there are TWO different uses of the term T/E
        the first is for 1972 T's but it relates to Model Type not engine type as ALL 1972 MY cars are "E series" so some refer to T's from that year T/E or indeed an S from that year would be called an S/E. The 1973 MY was F series so a T from that year could be called a T/F using the same logic (and I sometimes see 1973 MY cars advertised as a "F"
        the second use of T/E is as has been mentioned for the fuel injection T's as opposed to carburetor cars T/V (for Vergasser)
        In 1972 MY (and also 1973 MY) both TV and TE cars were produced. they can be identified not only by engine number and type but also by VIN. fuel injected cars had a vin starting 91121 whereas the carb cars were 91125
        my records show that ALL of the 9 T's imported to Australia in the 1972 MY were 91121 cars so ALL were injected or T/E and well as being T E for body style
        in the 1973 MY (F series) my records show 25 T's. most of which were injected 91131cars (although I dont have all the vin numbers for 1973 T's. the manual targas in 1973 seem to be carb cars with almost all (maybe all0 of the coupe and sporto targas being injected (although I have a note that the sporto targas may have been all K-Jet (CIS) not MFI as they were all late production cars and the MFI seemed to not be used after vin#0781 according to different lists I have including the official little spec book published by the factory back in the day

Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Australian TYP 901 Register #005
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Thanks Hugh - just remembered another bit of info that maybe of interest - the T/E mfi cars had factory yellow shrouds as opposed to the usual green shrouds on the E's, as a means of differentiation.

Comment

Merv why do you say best left as is?

Buyer has confirmed it is converted LHD, has the triangular smugglers box with the majority of the left side chopped off and welded shut

Comment

I have driven a confirmed Aussie 72 T/E car - dead giveaway is the yellow air shroud.
              From memory (based on a discussion with Hugh at that time), the 72/73 cars were T/E for sportos, and T/K (Zenith carbs) for the manual cars.
              I was surprised by this clear cut delineation, but there must have been rhyme and reason at the time.

Comment

Working...
              X