Green RSR at Classic Throttle Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green RSR at Classic Throttle Shop

Porsche 911 T - Australian Touring Car Special in Viper Green, 5 Speed Manual 915, 3.5 litre, a piece of Australian automotive racing heritage...

Clyde, you could have saved three years this way!!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Sounds like an amazing piece of history.
    I wonder what prompted the engine change to the 3.5L and if its original exists anywhere.
    Mark Branson
    1969 Australian Delivered 911 ST Replica.
    TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Fish View Post
      Sounds like an amazing piece of history.
      I wonder what prompted the engine change to the 3.5L and if its original exists anywhere.
      I would think that previous owners of this Icon of Australian motoring history would have searched high and low unless it is a known casualty of motor racing and has gone to god.

Comment

Lets get this right, its listed as a 70T but has a 72 side oil tank with door, it sits on 16 wheels, cant believe those are original or even period seats and claims to have RS and RSR heritage ? Really ?
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Interesting addition of a '72 fuel door ?

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post

Porsche 911 T - Australian Touring Car Special in Viper Green, 5 Speed Manual 915, 3.5 litre, a piece of Australian automotive racing heritage...

Clyde, you could have saved three years this way!!
            Clydes car is way more authentic down to minute details. This car has strayed off the path over the years.
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

At these prices originality is king, even with such stunning provenance. Most of the changes would likely have been racing mods at the time perhaps? The engine is the odd bit out. With its original engine the price would have been top notch. It probably is already ...

Comment

With a car like this that has been used very well, why would original parts and accessories trump over race history?
                I understand as an investment point of view original is king but this was built and used as a race car.
                I am not comparing any two similar cars but this car for sale is a bloody ripper and if you’ve got the money in your back pocket you can replace parts (possibly) but you cannot buy that history.

The early911s forum is horrible for picking a car to death and I don’t bother reading any for sale posts anymore. I am more excited about seeing what’s 90% awesome and not the 10% that’s not.

It’s great to see an old car that has seen more corners at full tilt than I have had hot dinners. Brings a smile to my face and also reminds me I need to excercise a hell of a lot more.
                Last edited by Cairns888; 06-12-17, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I want to know why the 72 oil filler was fitted! Was that to keep the apprentice out of the engine bay while the guru’s pondered in how to make it go even faster while a simple oil change was happening? If so, that apprentice would be a lot older than me! He or she was changing RSR Porsche oil before I was born.
                  My comments weren’t meant to offend anyone, so I hope they haven’t.
                  It’s all about the cars.

Comment

Anyone car to scroll though the Australian Racing History thread to find a period pic or two...?
                    Cam Arnott
                    Looking for engine #6208151
                    1970 911E (Sold)
                    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                    2 x Split Screen Kombis
                    TYP 901 Register # 78
                    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Good luck to them... it's probably like grandfathers old axe in that it's been rebuilt, reconfigured, repainted several times.

makes me recall the story I was told by a Scottish chap. They pop-riveted 934 flares onto an original 2.8 RSR in 1977/8! But they were happy as they got to run the car another year and remained competitive.

The car would have many interesting stories to tell I'm sure.

i remember the old Porsche Cup days .... I wonder who ran the car then and what livery it was in?

jr
                      Justin Reed
                      aka Reedminor
                      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                      1961 356B #114700
                      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
                        I want to know why the 72 oil filler was fitted!.
                        I think i read on the CTS website that this car (70T) was initially built as an S/T, which would mean that if they did it right, it should have that 1972 MY only oil-filler.

1973 911T Coupe
                        1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

A photo of a Cams log book would go a long way to providing provenance, front brakes look like my Boxster set

Comment

Originally posted by silbere View Post
                            A photo of a Cams log book would go a long way to providing provenance, front brakes look like my Boxster set
                            and they do not have that or confirmation that it is the car they are hoping it is.
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President
                            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

and they do not have that or confirmation that it is the car they are hoping it is.
                              You would think that they would have all of their ducks in a row before advertising.

Comment

Working...
                              X