Duttons 911's for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duttons 911's for sale

See Duttons have just listed 3 interesting 911's. A red 1965, a 1969S and an Aussie delivered white 1973E. Prices seem to reflect the market.

Hi Neville

i think that you will find that they have all been there (languishing) for some time
    the Bahama yellow 69S is 0969 I think and it has been there at least since early November, probably longer
    the red 65 is 300882 and has been there since at least early last year and for sale at various places since at least early 2016 (and i think the initial ask way back then was near enough to $1M )
    the light ivory 2.4 Sporto is australian delivered - 9113200499 has been there since at least July last year - in fact I was told at that time that it had been sold offshore for $225K if I remember correctly
    Last edited by HughH; 08-01-19, 05:43 PM.
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

I hadn't been watching the Duttons site however got notification thru Carsales that they had 3 new listings. Guess it was because of the adjusted prices that they came up as new listings. Yes I thought the red 65 had had a major price correction and the 1969S seemed to be the cheapest that has been offered for a long time, and the Aussie delivered 73E seemed to be good buying too.

Comment

Does anyone know if the ‘65 is a converted car? Seems cheap, or maybe that’s the market now?
        Mickc

65’ 912/6
        70’ 911T coupe
        00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
          Hi Neville

i think that you will find that they have all been there (languishing) for some time
          the Bahama yellow 69S is 0969 I think and it has been there at least since early November, probably longer
          the red 65 is 300882 and has been there since at least early last year and for sale at various places since at least early 2016 (and i think the initial ask way back then was near enough to $1M )
          the light ivory 2.4 Sporto is australian delivered - 9113200499 has been there since at least July last year - in fact I was told at that time that it had been sold offshore for $225K if I remember correctly
          Hugh

is the 69s 0969 an Australian car What does 0969 mean Cheers

Comment

The price drops make some of the cars there seem almost reasonable value now. The 69S seems particularly well priced, even as a convert.
            Last edited by oz772; 08-01-19, 10:25 PM.
            Scott Rackley
            1977 Carrera 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by mickc View Post
              Does anyone know if the ‘65 is a converted car? Seems cheap, or maybe that’s the market now?
              Mickc, Yes converted car.
              John Orchard
              356 B (T6) 1963
              911 2.0L 1965 SWB (sold)
              912 1966 SWB (sold)
              930 Turbo 1984
              997 Carrera S 2005

Typ 901 register #236

Comment

Originally posted by FAP911 View Post
                Hugh

is the 69s 0969 an Australian car What does 0969 mean Cheers
                0969 was shorthand for its VIN 119300969. Originally a US delivered car (Arizona) Imported to Melbourne and converted to RHD in 1990's. Was registered in Vic as KLM911 for a long time (and lived a couple of streets away from me in Kooyong for quite a while)
                went to Perth in 2014 and then back for sale in 2016 in Perth
                then has been around for sale at a couple of places in Melbourne since was being offered at $279K on carsales (in Black Rock) in October 2016

The 65 has a lot of controversy around it - it was definitely delivered LHD - the Perth owners (a couple of years ago) were trying to claim it was special ordered by Hamiltons for Tourist delivery and that there were no RHD cars at the time etc - not correct in fact there was an Australian ordered car with a vn number more than 450 cars earlier than this one They also tried to claim that it was the earliest RHD car in the world - also not correct even if it was really a RHD car
                It was originally purchased by an Australian living in Europe (or UK) Michael Shirley according to the Kardex (or Michael Champion according to the vendor in 2016) (who looks like he was either military or in the diplomatic corp in some capacity) and it went to the UK a bit after that

After about a year it was converted to RHD to come back to Australia (as any car coming here then had to be) and was bought by Arthur Hamilton who had it until 1978 after which it was sold by his son Ian Hamilton. So it has been very well known in NSW since 1966

It is a very early car but not quite what it was made out to be by the vendors back when they were asking drug money for it - that, along with the initial over optimistic and embellished sales pitch, probably hasn't made its sales prospects any easier
                Hugh Hodges
                1973 E
                Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Hugh if there was an Order of Australia for services to Porsche you’d truly deserve it Thanks for such a comprehensive background on the car Explains price ! Cheers

Comment

IT HAS been announced that the CAMS Australian Targa Championship will have new ownership in 2019 | Auto Action
                    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

I know the 65 car quite well from my time in Sydney

Justin
                      Justin Reed
                      aka Reedminor
                      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                      1961 356B #114700
                      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

I know the 69S, definately converted as Hugh stated done when owned by Stewart Webster. I looked at it in WA when it was last for sale MRAR got me interested in it.

I tried to buy it for around $180k but was rejected but it sold for about that or slightly more a year or so later and eventually made it's way to Duttons via Jim.

It has been played with a little, original seats and radio are gone etc etc.
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

The 1969 S we brought it in around 1994/5. 911 Factory did the conversion at huge expense! It also had Factory A/C which has since been removed, which is a shame. I remember the car well, and loved that car. Sold it to a Melbourne restaurant owner who had it for years when we sold it back in the early 2000's. The rest is explained above. Would like to own it again, it is a great car.
                          Alex Webster
                          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

The well travelled 1969 S is up for grabs again

Comment

According to Tutthill documents shown on this listing, they value the car at GBP 225,000. Current bid is at GBP 71,000 with 5 days to go. Interesting to see final auction price. Makes me wonder if I should have sent my 68 Bahama Yellow 911S to the UK and try and sell it. Although mine was a Sporto with original Aussie delivery.
                              sigpicPhil Lack
                              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                              Early 911-S Registry # 690
                              R-Gruppe # 367
                              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X