Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e72phil
    replied
    Seems whoever did the extra "restoration" work may have simply taken what Porsche gave them as the supplied part (which are often superceded, later model items like the shift knob) and used them because the original ones were missing or looking too old and beaten up. Ifso, it shows how little they know about "correct" parts for these early cars.

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    Yes no doubt it is the same car it does puzzle me though why is has 74 and later style switches for cig lighter rear heater demist and glove box opener
    Last edited by Terminator; 21-02-20, 09:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FAP911
    replied
    Same car Note voltage meter

Leave a comment:

• e72phil
    replied
    And the Duttons pics shows odometer at 86598 whilst CTS shows 86655.
    And just to be a real anorak, the shift knob is incorrect and is the one Porsche now supplies as a replacement for the original bakelite ones and is the plastic one off a G series shifter.
    Last edited by e72phil; 17-02-20, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• e72phil
    replied
    Originally posted by silbere View Post
    They are 2 different cars, Duttons car had leather with vertical pleats , CTS car has leather/hounds tooth.
    Yes the vertical pleats in the black vinyl are wrong and seats in the CTS car are completely different. Also CTS car pics show radio delete whereas Duttons car has a Blaupunkt. I am sure there are other obvious differences which others can spot. However both cars have the addition of a Volts meter near the ignition key and thats a rather unusual coincidence. Maybe the $40K price difference went into some major refurb work on the car in between leaving Duttons and heading to Sydney ?

Leave a comment:

• mrar
    replied
    Originally posted by silbere View Post
    They are 2 different cars, Duttons car had leather with vertical pleats , CTS car has leather/hounds tooth.
    Same car through my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• silbere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• e72phil
    replied
    Originally posted by Terminator View Post
    Seats do look strange and if we are picking holes in it, the sun visors are wrong too Targas had all black visors.
    Yes the stitching on the seats is correct in that they are horizontal pleats but its the way the houndstooth material has been cut and laid onto the seats that'swrong. Its out by 90 degrees that why it looks odd. Trimmer should have looked at more original seat images before cutting the paterns.

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    Seats do look strange and if we are picking holes in it, the sun visors are wrong too Targas had all black visors.

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    Originally posted by HughH View Post

I agree Geoff. IF the engine is original to the car then it was born a sporto.

also i would like to have a closer look at it and or its original paperwork before I accepted that it was an Australian delivered car.
    there were 5 1973 T sporto targas ordered for Australia. The list I got from Porsche years ago had 5 vins against that 5 ordered but this one was not on it. That does not mean that it is not Australian delivery as one of the others could be wrongly on there (which is sometimes the case in this list as sometimes early private imports serviced at Porsche crept onto their lists and the 73 T targa manuals also has too many on it (one of which i have found out since was UK delivered) suggesting that a chance that other UK private imports are on the list

however a 73 should have a compliance plate in the front boot up near the bulkhead or at least signs of the rivet holes where it was that can be checked
    Not one of the 4 x 73 Aussie cars I have owned Hugh has ever had a compliance plate or evidence of where one had been.

Leave a comment:

• reedminor
    replied
    I think a Miami blue GT3 went the other way

Leave a comment:

• silbere
    replied
    Spot on Sean

Leave a comment:

• mrar
    replied
    Originally posted by epilot View Post
    $40k more than last listed
    $40k worth of seat work and transport?

Leave a comment:

• HughH
    replied
    Maybe that is the business model flick it between one state and the other after a reasonably short time jacking up the price each time Makes it "look like" it is sold and they are hot property so if you missed this one they have another for you

Leave a comment:

• epilot
    replied
    $40k more than last listed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X