Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shannons auction.

Anybody following this or bidding?
    Porsche’s original supercar burst onto on the motoring scene to critical acclaim in 1975, the 930 Turbo’s pumped-up bodywork hiding a mult...

Aus del 68 911S

Go for it Sean,
    If the horn worked I'd probably would have had a go

Comment

Originally posted by silbere View Post
      Go for it Sean,
      If the horn worked I'd probably would have had a go
      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Too bad they couldn’t colour match the dash top. Looks terrible with mixed that fabulous cork interior!

Comment

is it possible it was delivered with black dash top....?

My car (although earlier) is a mixture of brown and black, and always has been.

JR
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
          1961 356B #114700
          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Looked up the trim code, dash should be same colour as rest of trim and covered in leather.
            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

My Aussie September 1978 build turbo has the same leather Kork interior with perforated inlays and a matching leather dash together with the almost orange shag carpets and cassette stacker.

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
                Looked up the trim code, dash should be same colour as rest of trim and covered in leather.
                Do you have details on the car - a kardex or something?

Or the Snodgrass book?

Thanks

Justin
                Justin Reed
                aka Reedminor
                1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                1961 356B #114700
                Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post

Do you have details on the car - a kardex or something?

Or the Snodgrass book?

Thanks

Justin
                  Used the vin and Ryan's book.
                  Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Just sold for $164500 + BP 5% = $172,725 Good buying

Comment

Agreed it was on paper good buying however even though its identity had been confirmed being an Australian delivered car through a process(maybe elimination) it was missing it's identification plate: which was the reason I did not buy a very nice white 930 I was chasing 6 or 7 years ago. Last night after reading about an A9X Torana that is expected to bring around $450K I remembered a mate of mine selling his Sandman Panel Van to buy either an L34 or an A9X. We inspected Warren Cullen's car , and he ended up buying Bob Jane's old Torana race car. From what I read last night Cullen's may have been made up from a spare shell and there is still a degree of the unknown about the Jane car which apparently now runs a big mill engine and it is rumoured to have suffered a serious accident after my mate sold it to start a family.

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
                        Agreed it was on paper good buying however even though its identity had been confirmed being an Australian delivered car through a process(maybe elimination) it was missing it's identification plate: which was the reason I did not buy a very nice white 930 I was chasing 6 or 7 years ago. Last night after reading about an A9X Torana that is expected to bring around $450K I remembered a mate of mine selling his Sandman Panel Van to buy either an L34 or an A9X. We inspected Warren Cullen's car , and he ended up buying Bob Jane's old Torana race car. From what I read last night Cullen's may have been made up from a spare shell and there is still a degree of the unknown about the Jane car which apparently now runs a big mill engine and it is rumoured to have suffered a serious accident after my mate sold it to start a family.
                        I understand some Tourist deliverys missed the net and know of an immaculate Oak Green 930 3.0 that also does not have a compliance plate - Even in my Benz days in the 90s we occassionally had cars delivered inadvertently without compliance plates

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
                          I can see the vin plate on the skirt in the pic's, your refering to the australian compliance plate Nev?
                          Pcm would of been able confirm the delivery details.
                          My 79 was tourist delivery ( spent alot of time in Italy from what I can gather ) and arrived back in Australia almost to the day, 1 year. Has a compliance plate. InkedIMG_3480_LI.jpg
                          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Apologies. I read the auction listing and probably paid too little attention to which plate was missing. I am always gun shy as I have seen some pretty dodgy stuff over the years. In non covid times I would have checked it out in person at Shannons. I was at Shannons a while back and watched a Porsche with an incorrect vin get sold but it had been registered in Qld with a Qld Department of Transport plate attached. Shannons was forthcoming and declared the issue.

Comment

$175k is incredible buying ....

Comment

Working...
                              X