Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• generalsmirnov
    replied
    Don't believe it met reserve. There's a little progress bar that is imprecise but made it look to me at least like reserve was somewhere like $160k.

Leave a comment:

• e72phil
    replied
    Did it meet reserve ?

Leave a comment:

• mrar
    replied
    refered to
    D.P - Balwyn VIC 16/11/2021 7.16.11 PM AEDT AU $97,100 1 1

Leave a comment:

• Nicko
    replied
    Original colour was sandbeige paint code 6807 and NOT red.Engine is matching to the car

Leave a comment:

• e72phil
    replied
    All original with no modifications eh ?

Leave a comment:

• generalsmirnov
    replied
    And it's back again: https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-10051015/

Leave a comment:

• Nicko
    replied
    Closing bid $114k.
    Previously sold for $165k

Leave a comment:

• generalsmirnov
    replied
    As far as restorations go, doesn't look like a massive project. Certainly lots of bits and pieces, but better than this! https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-7454535/?Cr=6

Leave a comment:

• HughH
    replied
    I have just had a subsequent message that "it was actually handled by Hamburg Germany, sold to a customer in Rabaul new guinea from what I can tell. I cannot confirm if it’s LHD or RHD"

The records from back then on the Australian side for orders are not great and on the German side, from what I know, do not show where the orders were placed from (they are much better records a few years later on both sides) so I would suspect what I suggested about it being Australian ordered and thus RHD Australian spec, tourist delivered, and then going to PNG is probably correct.
    Last edited by HughH; 15-10-21, 11:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mrar
    replied
    Done 10 miles since last sale if odo works .

Leave a comment:

• HughH
    replied
    maybe it wasn't sold to someone in double pay. It now seems to be at Lloyds auctions https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotD...48&lid=3188323

And on this car even though I have been told in the past that it was an Australian car (but went to PNG), and it is called an Australian car in this auction and the previous one, Porsche apparently have it as German delivered in their database. Maybe the two things can be reconciled - Australian ordered (thus an Australian car) but tourist collection in Germany. But I would be wanting to see the kardex and make very sure of the facts before even contemplating bidding - especially if they are expecting more than $177K the last "sale" price
    1968 Porsche 911 , , Year: 1968 , Make: Porsche , Model: 911 , Series: s , Body: 2-Door Coupe , Drive Type: Rear wheel drive , Odometer: Indicating 26,281

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    Originally posted by e72phil View Post
    Sold for $165,009.00 to someone in Double Bay in Sydney. (Actually $177,375 with buyers premium) I've often heard it referred to as "Double Pay" and I think this sale is an example of that. I sold my Aussie delivered matching numbers 68S a couple of years back and it was almost completely restored and I only got around $25K more than this price and this car appears to need a lot more than that spent on it to get it back to original.

Wonder if it will pop up on this Forum anytime soon ?
    Wonder if this car had a similar history to yours Phil

Leave a comment:

• e72phil
    replied
    Sold for $165,009.00 to someone in Double Bay in Sydney. (Actually $177,375 with buyers premium) I've often heard it referred to as "Double Pay" and I think this sale is an example of that. I sold my Aussie delivered matching numbers 68S a couple of years back and it was almost completely restored and I only got around $25K more than this price and this car appears to need a lot more than that spent on it to get it back to original.

Wonder if it will pop up on this Forum anytime soon ?
    Last edited by e72phil; 17-12-20, 12:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mrar
    replied
    Anybody have the engine number yet?
    I requested it by phone, then directed to their email, still no response (probably don't know where to look).

Leave a comment:

• e72phil
    replied
    Bid now $100K

Leave a comment:

Working...
X