RHD dash pads on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RHD dash pads on eBay

Has anyone had a closer look at these? The grain doesn't look anything like my original but it's hard to tell.

Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

can’t say I know, however If you are looking for a rhd dash pad there are currently two on gumtree in Adelaide - one OG one Repro.

Comment

Originally posted by Reubs View Post
      can’t say I know, however If you are looking for a rhd dash pad there are currently two on gumtree in Adelaide - one OG one Repro.
      Thanks for that. Had a quick look at them. Not sure what year they are for but neither appear to have a speaker hole.
      Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

They look good Bill I might be your guinea pig and buy one at worst they look way better than recovered ones
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I've asked them for some better photos and added a post on Pelican. Pity you aren't in Brissie so that we could split the freight cost.

Looks like they have their own web page and the price is even less

Last edited by 72_sporto; 24-03-22, 09:27 AM. Reason: added info
          Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

I bought one recently from that Ebay store. Located in Sydney if you want to see in-person.
            Attached Files

Comment

and your thoughts are?

Look how badly the grille fits I suspect they are from yuk yuk land known as Lakewell. The Merc guys said they get them from overseas. My last lakewell RHD dash did not fit properly around the guage area.
              Last edited by Terminator; 24-03-22, 08:37 PM.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

Have a look at dash original in Adelaide too ..

Comment

Vintage kindly sent through some closeup pics.... Clyde, I thought that the Lakewell dash pads were fibreglass based?

benz dash 45.jpg

benz dash 5a.jpg

Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

No Lakewell didn't used to be fibreglass but I know they did change them and the guys from Early S were bagging them.

Go on Bill buy one let's see if they fit properly
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

Design 911 is selling the exact same dash I am trying to find out who is making them before purchasing one
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President

Comment

It's not bad, and certainly much better than my very cracked original, but I was a bit put off by the (what appears to be) incorrect grain, the spaces around the speaker and the very rounded edges. For the moment I'm in the process of recovering my original. (Again...)

Daley's, here in Brissie, were kind enough to let me look through their extensive range of black vinyls and I have a very good match for my original.

This is a lovely original 75 which is probably how my 72 looked except for the integral speaker.

Rays dash.jpg
                        Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Originally posted by 72_sporto View Post
                          It's not bad, and certainly much better than my very cracked original, but I was a bit put off by the (what appears to be) incorrect grain, the spaces around the speaker and the very rounded edges. For the moment I'm in the process of recovering my original. (Again...)

Daley's, here in Brissie, were kind enough to let me look through their extensive range of black vinyls and I have a very good match for my original.

This is a lovely original 75 which is probably how my 72 looked except for the integral speaker.

Rays dash.jpg
                          Are you planning to just cover it in vinyl or someone up there do the vaccum forming as well
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

Working...
                          X