• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

911T on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1972-pors...-/171225871460

Is this good buying?
    Anyone know this car?

Others may know the car Mike. Does it have a CoA, matching numbers, and the vital rust info? Seems to look nice, decent rims, LHD and may be worth you communicating with the seller. Can you find where it is advertised elsewhere?

Comment

Matching numbers not likely Merv wrong engine in it.

As its LHD and wrong motor and presumably wrong box as well, think he may be lucky to get his opening bid.
      Last edited by Terminator; 25-01-14, 11:13 PM.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

True, if Mike is not interested, this may be the 'project' for Jim?

Comment

no, it's not for me.. someone suggested he has had this for sale for quite a while....
          I just came across this though...
          http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PORSCHE-9...-/271383893215

Comment

Originally posted by mikedsilva View Post
            no, it's not for me.. someone suggested he has had this for sale for quite a while....
            I just came across this though...
            http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PORSCHE-9...-/271383893215
            ...well yes,but with respect(of which I probably don't get much of!),this is a LHD,1976,replica project and doesn't really have a place here......unless you are looking for that sort of thing.

Comment

You got that one wrong Clyde sold for $35k going interstate

Comment

Originally posted by Chequered Flag View Post
                AGAIN?!?!?!?
                Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by Chequered Flag View Post
                  Happy to be wrong, makes my LHD numbers matching 73 2.4MFI T look more valuable even here in Australia.
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                    Happy to be wrong, makes my LHD numbers matching 73 2.4MFI T look more valuable even here in Australia.
                    Andrew Farmer knows how to flog his stuff, doesn't he..... :p

Comment

$35k... seems like very good value considering the condition it was in...

Comment

Originally posted by mikedsilva View Post
                        $35k... seems like very good value considering the condition it was in...
                        Really...Mike?
                        Did you have a PPI done and personally inspect this car?
                        Sean.
                        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

No i didn't... just my uneducated opinion...
                          But I am willing to be educated..

Comment

You more often than not get what you pay for...but make sure you know what you want.
                            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Mike, Sean's advice is probably the crux... You really need to narrow down a specific model and year and research, research, research As most know, I'm not an "Anorak" or purist with these cars and advocate buying the best body you can find for your money and then work on getting the rest up to speed.

I sometimes wonder whether a few of us here ought to pen an Aussie buyers guide that reflects the market and type of car you'll find here? I guess there's too many 'categories' of cars depending on what purpose you want the car for and what your budget is.

There are guys here that clearly knew what they wanted and bought accepting the price and paying to play - and there's no doubt some cars on this board will continue to romp away in value. Others have come with a smaller budget looking for a long term project and certainly found candidates And others have come purely looking to get into a 'driver' and just enjoy.

What is it you're chasing? Long wheel base (lwb), short wheel base (swb), T-E-S spec, targa or coupe, an original Aussie delivery in RHD, a 'hot rod' with a worked engine from a later car, does LHD bother you? Lots and lots of variable here, and just as many guys arguing over what's better If you can narrow your search I'm sure there's guys here that will be able to help you focus in on a specific line of cars and maybe even have what you're after.
                              John Forcier
                              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                              Restoration Saga
                              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
                              X