Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

73 TF for sale...

No affiliation.

Dare I say it...beige interior? Ask and ye shall receive?
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Price seems a bit ambitious... Not sure it would get that price in its home market?

Nice car though.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Certainly high end car in condition and some nice originality and patina. Does see too high in price however.

Comment

Yes John but as we all know the add on from import duty and especially luxury car tax is still making cars like this much more expensive here despite the protection no longer being needed to support the manufacturing of cars here.... Not that I expect any government to get rid of taxes like this in the current environment.
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Australian TYP 901 Register #005
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

sweet baby jesus, $295K, time to stop taking the 2.4 out to the back blocks killing bugs ...
          Craig
          12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
          1972 2.4E Targa project
          1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post
            sweet baby jesus, $295K, time to stop taking the 2.4 out to the back blocks killing bugs ...
            Sounds like we all may need to invest in temperature controlled garages and spend the weekends polishing instead of driving
            Mickc

65’ 912/6
            70’ 911T coupe
            00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Sweet baby jesus is right . . . surely he won't get anything even close to that price? Don't know why I bothered buying shares, with hindsight should have just loaded up a barn with 20 early 911s.

Comment

I think if Frank Beck on Early S can't find a home for a 13,000 mile '70 E for around $180K AUD (OK it is a Sporto) in its home market then $295K for this (admittedly very nice) example might be a stretch.

Is it just me or does some of the heat appear to be coming out of the classic car market of late?
                Cam Arnott
                Looking for engine #6208151
                1970 911E (Sold)
                '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                2 x Split Screen Kombis
                TYP 901 Register # 78
                Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

I think it is Cam. The 930 prices seem to have dropped as well. The really rare cars (e.g., 993/GT2's in RHD) are still getting major money.

Comment

there have been a couple of (excellent) cars that have changed hands privately and quietly for around that money or more in Melbourne during this year but this will be an interesting test to see how the public offer market is and what the state of the market is now rather than 9 months ago
                    Hugh Hodges
                    1973 E
                    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Doesn't everyone either put an inflated price on their cars or put it at what they think it is worth only to take it off the market with a new inflated price tag after someone told them what it is worth?

Comment

Wow, I am real tempted to put my car up for $295K. There only needs to be one idiot that really wants to pay such an amount... Crazy stuff.

I often tell people that I can't get over the fact I bought both my car and house in the Netherlands in 2005, one went down 25% in value, the other increased 400%... Everyone would back then have guessed the house would have been the better investment.

I seriously hope the market will soften as these things are best when they're driven, not parked and polished!
                        1973 911T Coupe
                        1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

I would prefer to buy this and put the extra $200K in the bank

Comment

Originally posted by patrick911 View Post
                            Wow, I am real tempted to put my car up for $295K. There only needs to be one idiot that really wants to pay such an amount... Crazy stuff.

i'm going to put A$500k on mine... Might even be the same idiot.
                            Richard Griffiths
                            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Feels like some of the cars have had HUGE price runs and have now plateaued. For example, 73RS Touring seem to have settled down and so have 993 Turbos.

Comment

Working...
                              X