Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motolita View Post
    Thanks Clyde for your response.
    l am happy with my post, it may be blunt but I feel strongly about this 'smoke & mirrors' advertising. It just has the "if you don't ask l won't tell" thing about it.
    l never questioned the cars quality as l believe Phil would not buy or own a sub standard car.
    Regarding the forum I read here that Phil purchased the forum from the original founder, however if you can explain the actual situation, l am happy to be educated.
    Phil is a well respected member here & as such I would expect a better, clearer & more accurate description of what is for sale.
    I have posted what I think/feel prompted by 9er's post, if it's not as eloquent as you would like then sorry, but it appears you agree my points are valid.
    To clarify the Forums history, Brett Ditchfield and I started a Yahoo Group many years ago (maybe 12-13 by now ?) which was the TYP901 Forum and it was fairly basic due to no pics etc. The interest in the group grew and we created the TYP901 registry as a club and I was the founding President. We eventually took the Forum across to a much better platform and closed down the Yahoo group. Since then the Forum has evolved further and Uwe now looks after it (very well) but the club actually owns it. We did a lot of research at the time into the name to ensure we didnt run fowl of Porsche AG and upset their lawyers. TYP901 was freely available to us to use and so we registered the URL of TYP901.org and here we are today. The club owns the rights to the URL and therefore , the Forum.

And the 993 is still for sale.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
    X