Wanted : R/H drive Clutch Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted : R/H drive Clutch Pedal

Looking for R/H clutch pedal. Can get from overseas. But if someone has a unwanted one please let me know.
    Kane Kennedy
    Typ 901 Register #204
    71 911E Metallic Green

Can you get one from Porsche? Porsche Centre Melbourne can get parts within a week.

Comment

Since when do you need a clutch pedal, Kane? Are you committing sacrilege?
      Mark Munro
      '69 911T (sold)
      '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
      '69 MG Midget Group S car
      TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Yes looking for clutch pedal does'nt hide what im doing very well. Just had enough, of the grinding, the crunching, not bing able to shift. Spent thousands chasing it, had enough.
        Putting a 915 in. But will be keeping all Sporto stuff, in case i ever want to go back.
        One day I hope to get back on a run. Thats my hope anyway.
        Kane Kennedy
        Typ 901 Register #204
        71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

How did you get on with the main seal that kept failing about a year ago? Is the grinding and crunching part of that problem?
          Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Basically the system has a big oil leak somewhere. It went up on the hoist, and the oil leak was very hard to find. But i think that main seal is holding at the moment. But its only a matter of time till it goes again. Going on the past.
            Im suffering many problems, the gearbox is very noisy, grinds and crunches. The car never seems to have full power, seems to surge through the torque converter. Been told that the K Jetronic on the 3 litre, doesn't produce enough vacuum To run the system.
            It comes down to where you want to spend your money. On a full sporto rebuild, or go down a 915 path. Now if i was a concourse queen it would be a sporto rebuild, but im far from oringinal, and im not worried about resale prices as this car will never be sold, not in it to make money, i want to drive, and im not getting much of that done at the moment.
            Kane Kennedy
            Typ 901 Register #204
            71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

Lots to take in over lunch.....

Did you see Mitchell's post's about his 3L? Same issues, I think. He ended up buying an auxiliary battery powered vacuum pump. (About $150)

Did anyone test your vacuum level? It should be better than 15-25mmHg.

The grinding may also be worn shift bushes.

Pity I wasn't closer......you could just pop over.
              Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Yeah I am aware of the battery powered pump, and no I didnt test the vacuum levels.
                Basically the system is just really old, It needs a complete rebuild, and gearbox pull down.
                At this point and time its easier to do the conversion.
                At some point in my life i will do a engine and gearbox rebuild and make the car original.
                Kane Kennedy
                Typ 901 Register #204
                71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

Working...
                X