Alan Hamilton Race Transporter 934

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan Hamilton Race Transporter 934

Here is something you don't see everyday on Ebay, item number 293475002444.

This is the add from Hardt Classic Porsches (no connection), no doubt this would have carried a few 901's in its day

Porsche Alan Hamilton Race Transporter 934
    We have here for sale an important part of Porsche history in Australia. After confirming with Alan Hamilton all the details we know that Team Porsche used this custom built race transporter right up to 1977 to help win the Australian Sports Car Championship that year, tied on points with John Latham in a 911 Carrera, although Hamilton won more races.
    The period from the mid 1970's to early 1980's can only be described as a golden era for Porsche racing in Australia.
    This race transporter was attached via a Fifth Wheel to a dual cab bay window VW transporter powered by a high performance 911 engine specially built for this purpose.
    The transporter is offered without the bay window VW, which where abouts is unknown.
    It is in good overall shape with aluminium panels all in restorable condition. The floor needs replacing and the suspension lowered back to original specs.
    Included are technical drawings of the fifth wheel to aid the engineering process Since this transporter has been previously registered in Victoria this process will be quite easy.
    If you look close enough at the photos you can see the wash off 'Porsche" sign writing on the outer side panels.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by 911jack; 21-04-20, 07:16 AM.
    Uwe Imhoff
    TYP901 Website Mechanic

What a time warp! Thank you for sharing
    Tom Laube
    Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
    VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

Found another pic on reedminor's instagram while checking out the Arbath muffler
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      Last edited by 911jack; 21-04-20, 09:48 AM.
      Uwe Imhoff
      TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

You read my mind!!

Yep my late Dad's pics....

That was Amaroo Park - in North Western Sydney - my local track.... now housing. I assume it was 1977?

JR
        Justin Reed
        aka Reedminor
        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
        1961 356B #114700
        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

I'd love to know what engine they had in the DC .... surely no way a stock 2 litre would have pulled that trailer???

Comment

Add says had a high performance 911 engine
            Jeff Eelkema
            TYP 901 #132
            S-Reg #1431
            69E (project)
            various bevel Ducatis
            60s Vespa

Comment

Working...
            X