Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale - Ducati 750 Sport (1974)

Hi All

I have decided to sell my 1974 Ducati 750 Sport to help fund the purchase of a 1971 911T.

The bike was completely and methodically restored over nearly 10 years.

The bike is located in Sydney, Australia and I am happy to help assist with international shipping.

The listing is here:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1974-ducati-750-sport-1?fbclid=IwAR11vCgWiLU3rB3rnxXqbdm0GV_9BfgpXSrD9cT ExEikI3R_K7bks1yg8LY&fs=e&s=cl

Admin - please delete if not allowed.

Comment

Magnificent , my all time Ducati Favourite

Reasonably priced too !

Comment

Agree with Bruce beautifully restored with authenticity and attention to detail. Interesting to know the competition history! Last old bike I had was a 1952 Sunbeam S7, and quite a few years back a stunning 1968 Triumph Bonneville T120R which after much further refinement went on to be shown by the new owner. GLWS Nev

Comment

Originally posted by silbere View Post
          Magnificent , my all time Ducati Favourite

Reasonably priced too !
          Certainly my favourite too. It’s such beautiful design.

I’ve had 3x 450 Desmos, an MHR, and this 750 Sport. It’s just such a lovely bike to ride. Whenever I park it somewhere, I look back at it 15+ times. Hard to keep my eyes off it.

However, the calling of a Signal Orange 71T project is calling me and I can’t keep the 750 Sport and a 71T project.

Also, riding in and around Sydney isn’t what it used to be. I don’t enjoy the cyclists, Uber drivers, Uber couriers, “want to be Moto GP” novice superbike riders, or the generally rubbish drivers. I’m going to restrict my motorbike riding to VMX with my early 70s two-stroke single cylinder Husqvarnas. Plus the weekend drives in the 85 Carerra and 72T.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
              Agree with Bruce beautifully restored with authenticity and attention to detail. Interesting to know the competition history! Last old bike I had was a 1952 Sunbeam S7, and quite a few years back a stunning 1968 Triumph Bonneville T120R which after much further refinement went on to be shown by the new owner. GLWS Nev
              Thanks, Nev. This is one of those projects where the history of Ducati, the era and these models took over me. I met a wonderful fellow named Ian Gowanloch 15 years ago - I have spent many nights sleeping on a swag in his shed and working on Ducatis during the days. He’s shared so many amazing stories about Ducati in the early 70s. I then obsessively researched the history of Ducati and the Bologna factory, speaking with the few remaining experts from in and around that time. That led to my obsession for authenticity. It was a wonderful project and I loved every minute of it.

I have some of the bikes racing history, including previous owners and rough race periods. It was a pretty wild bike to ride before the full resto. It could barely idle, but loved the massive carb, massive Ps&Cs, dinner plate sized valves and ridiculous cam. Most happy above 7000 revs…

Your old bikes sounds great. Always nice to find other Porsche people that play in other genres.

Comment

Working...
              X