1972 911 TE for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1972 911 TE for sale

This is a something I thought I would never be writing, but things change. So here goes.......it's going here first.....

Straight from the factory, just 44 years late. This is how this 1972 911 T could have been as it rolled out the factory door. This is one of the most original 1972 911 T you will find. It has only travelled 64,000 miles in 44 years. It has been garage kept and covered by all owners.

It was originally owned by three friends all who lived within 5 miles of each other in Idaho, USA. The final "custodian" of this car was keeping it for his retirement. It was kept in a garage for 24 years and driven rarely. He then retired, figured his grandkids did not like it, so he bought a Hummer. I then managed to secure this car and ship it to Australia.

It has been complied ad registered in QLD and NSW. It is running the original speedo, but the face had to be converted to KMH for rego. DHM auto did the work. It has Aus-legal rear baby seat points and full rear seatbelts. It also wears correct H4 headlights for left hand traffic. (and I would have the old sugar scoops in a box somewhere if you REALLY want them !!)

It is still wearing its factory tangerine paint and matching numbers engine and transmission, with original maintenance record verifying engine number and Porsche Certificate of Authenticity.

Especially important to this car is a log book, showing every trip this car has taken from new, including fuel economy for many of the trips. It has ventured to the Rockies in the early years, and most recently did a 12 day road trip without fault (to Porsche Rennsport Sydney from Byron Bay with my two kids in the back).

The engine was tested at the start of 2015, and the compression test came in at 140 on the nose for all six cylinders. At that time the following work was performed. New plugs, fuel filter, Fresh oil and filter, Valve adjustment. The valve cover gaskets were replaced, upper and lower and the heater hoses were replaced. The master brake cylinder was replaced and all brake lines were bleed. Front and rear hood shocks were the final items replaced and now this is a very well sorted out early air cooled 911.

When I purchased it, it had tombstone seats, as the original comfort seats had been ditched at some point. I promptly replaced these with a pair or replica seats from Phil Lack. Thanks again Phil - they are perfect.

It is running the 2.4 MFI from USA which is the correct and original engine. And it's got that eternal oil door.

This fantastic example shows no signs of any body damage or repair. Fantastic body, clean lines, dent and damage free other than small assortment of genuine rock chips on the hood, showing the true originality of this car. The radio works. All lights work. The boot light works. New Coco Mats.

What is not up to scratch ? Well, the headlining has a small hole and some discolouring. Small crack in the dashboard to the speaker grille. That's about it.

The car has been seen by some of the Northern NSW and QLD members.......they might chip in with their opinion.

It ticks all the boxes.

Colour - Tangerine
    Year - 1972
    Engine - MFI
    Condition - Stunning
    Price - $195,901

Comments please on condition - anything to improve or that seems out of place - and comments on price. Yes, it is LHD and not Aus-Delivered, but it is such a stunning original car that I am struggling to find a price point.

Thanks
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 16 photos.

Nice car Chris. I would love to see this in the flesh. I have a 71 in pieces which is also originally Tangerine. Lots of cars around with this colour. They must of been popular.
    I love the colour!
    You can't reproduce what you are selling here. Also selling an original car puts a few rude people back in their box as well as you have seen many times they pick up on every single detail.
    Hard to argue about what the factory did 44 years ago!!!
    I am sure it will not last long at all.

Comment

Beautiful car Chris. GLWS. I think you should advertise on EarlyS as well.
      Peter D

TYP901# 233
      911T Coupe 68
      911E Targa 73
      911E Coupe 72 (sold)
      1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

Thanks. Good idea re EarlyS

Comment

Originally posted by ByronBayChris View Post
          Thanks. Good idea re EarlyS
          I can't believe you are selling Chris.

The car looked in very original condition when I saw it at Rennsport.

Not too many around in this condition. It won't be easy to replace if you ever want back in to the 901 club.

GLWS
          Doug
          IG: @porschepicto

Comment

Love original cars sure looks and reads like a cracker

Don't think you will get a lot of emails from stateside at $140k US plus shipping though
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Have personally seen Chris' car on many occasions. It is the genuine original article.

Good luck with the Sale Chris.

I actually hope you change your mind and keep it.

Comment

Does this model come with the model?
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
                  Does this model come with the model?
                  The price would be a bit higher, but yes, it can be arranged.

Comment

Classic!
                    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by David 68T View Post
                      Have personally seen Chris' car on many occasions. It is the genuine original article.

Good luck with the Sale Chris.

I actually hope you change your mind and keep it.
                      I'm with you David. Hope something turns up so I can keep it too.

Comment

Canepe has one not too different in description to yours and the price makes yours a bargain

1973 Porsche 911 T VIN: 9113100912 Sold on 6/12/73 to Sinclair Rogers of Monett, Missouri at McCallister Porsche in Springfield, MO for $8,450. Sinclair and his wife Jane had originally […]
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                          Canepe has one not too different in description to yours and the price makes yours a bargain

http://canepa.com/photo-gallery/1973-porsche-911-t5320/
                          Gee, that is pretty similar - and in my second favourite 70s colour. It is missing the oil door though I'm going blind here - what is the price of the Canepa car ?

Comment

Originally posted by ByronBayChris View Post

Gee, that is pretty similar - and in my second favourite 70s colour. It is missing the oil door though I'm going blind here - what is the price of the Canepa car ?
                            Dunno, but they have a pretty nice 356 carrera cab in slate grey there at the moment, also!
                            Mark Munro
                            '69 911T (sold)
                            '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
                            '69 MG Midget Group S car
                            TYP901 Register #196

Comment

They want $175k which is certainly out there but they have spent a lot of time (money) in prepping the car and replacing parts like exhaust etc and it has everything perfect and in place and would be described by many as concourse ready.

Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X