WTB or borrow 46mm crowsfoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB or borrow 46mm crowsfoot

Anyone in the Brissie area have one of these lying around, unloved and taking up valuable space in your toolbox?

I've done leak-down tests on my 2.4 - miraculously all less than 5% - but I would like to check the valve guides.

I only need it for a total of 4 minutes....but happy to buy.

Last edited by 72_sporto; 26-03-17, 07:40 PM.
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

I think I have one Bill - back in town on Wednesday.
    What do you actually want to do with the crows foot?

Comment

Thanks Scotty, You need it to remove the camshaft drive sprockets from the ends of the camshafts. Before the camshaft housings can be removed to get access to the valve springs.
      Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

No longer need the crowsfoot. Thanks again Scotty.

After a suggestion from Jonni I ended up buying a 46mm socket from Trade Tools (for only $25). 3 minutes with my angle grinder, an excess 17mm x 1/2 drive socket, some blob welding and Bob's your uncle. As far as I could work out, there are 2 reasons you need a crowsfoot. One is to allow the 19mm oval tool. The other is to avoid the hydraulic tensioner on the left cam. I temporarily removed the tensioner and replaced it with a convenient long socket.

I used 24mm socket with two 3mm alloy packers to hold the end of the cam inside the 46mm socket. (Actually, my teenage daughter did the holding.)

Now available to borrow.

cam tools.jpg
        cam nut tool.jpg
        Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Working...
        X