Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB 2.0 Engine Case

Hi All

Just seeing what's out there? I'm looking to build a spare 2.0 for my 68 which currently has its original engine) and need to make sure the engine is eligible for Group S racing, so I'd really like a 68 case or earlier, but pretty sure I can use a 69 case under the rules (Alex or Tom W can correct me on this). I don't care whether the case is aluminium or magnesium, though obviously there is a price difference. I have a lot of what I need internally from a donor motor, so at this stage I think a case is all I'm chasing...

Cheers
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

John
    try Stan at Performance 9 he'd also be able to advise on Group S eligibility
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

I have recently invested in a new twin plus race engine and gbox for my 1966 911r streetrod and looking to sell the existing engine and gbox currently in the car It

1969 2.0 litre engine case #6195877 complete with crankshaft and rods asking $2K Mahle 2.0E/S pistons and cylinders in perfect condition, $1500. Also many of

Comment

Thanks for that. As much as I'd love the aluminium case engine, I have a lot of what I already need and trying to down-size/minimise what I'm keeping in the garage Chris's engine 69 case is probably the ticket, I was basically sounding anyone else out to see if there may be a 68 case no one is using floating about...
        John Forcier
        Restoration Saga

Comment

Chris gets my coin

Thanks to you who've helped me out
          John Forcier
          Restoration Saga

Comment

Nice one John .... I'm glad you bought it and put me out of my misery ... I've been umming and aaahing about grabbing it myself for weeks

Comment

Originally posted by ELSPORTO View Post
              Nice one John .... I'm glad you bought it and put me out of my misery ... I've been umming and aaahing about grabbing it myself for weeks
              I can do you a deal on a complete 2.2E longblock
              John Forcier
              Restoration Saga

Comment

Aaaaaaaargh!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X