Wanted to buy 1970-71 2.2,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to buy 1970-71 2.2,

I’m missing my old 1970 2.2E that I sold to the son of the second owner last year, and am looking for a high quality example with provenance, must be Australian delivered and matching numbers. Will also consider a ‘72 2.4 E or S. Prepared to pay a full market price. Please call Andrew 0408 936 946 if you can help.

Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Good luck with your hunt Andrew.

Is anyone willing and able to throw a blanket over what the market price of a 1970-72 car might be?

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
        Good luck with your hunt Andrew.

Is anyone willing and able to throw a blanket over what the market price of a 1970-72 car might be?
        not $265k, the car at Weltmeister has been for sale for ever ...
        Craig
        12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
        1972 2.4E Targa project
        1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Might help if they advertised it correctly. Probably not a 5 speed if it has no clutch pedal........ Just saying.
          Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

My guess on values for a high quality matching numbers Australian car
            2.2E circa $200,000-$225,000
            2.2s circa $275,000-$300,000
            2.4 perhaps 10-20% more again
            I am basing this on what I sold my car for and what I have seen advertised and sold, but I could easily be wrong!

Comment

Some say the 2.2s is the best of the early mfi s cars, without driving one myself I can't comment from personal experience (others who have could chime in) but if correct the 2.4s performance wise wouldn't command more $$ imo.
              Aus del 68 911S

Comment

2.2ltr=>$220,000.00

Don't get caught up on the LHD/RHD Aussie delivered thing. The world is a small place, shipping is cheap. With the current AUD/EUR and AUD/USD rates, cars that can be exported to those markets are probably more valuable..... Oh, BTW they were all built in Germany

All that said, totally understand if folks want a RHD car in a RHD country.... as it's not really about the $ its about the drive!

Comment

Did you find a car Andrew?
                  Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Yes, but I did go in a slightly different direction. I ended up buying a late ‘65 build ( 66 MY) Irish Green 911 that is a matching numbers UK delivered car that has been in Australia for quite a while. I’m about to embark on a restoration......should be fun. A 2.2s will have to wait! Thanks for asking

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Nikakis View Post
                      Yes, but I did go in a slightly different direction. I ended up buying a late ‘65 build ( 66 MY) Irish Green 911 that is a matching numbers UK delivered car that has been in Australia for quite a while. I’m about to embark on a restoration......should be fun. A 2.2s will have to wait! Thanks for asking
                      Nice! any photos ?
                      Mickc

65’ 912/6
                      70’ 911T coupe
                      00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Beauty, sounds good!
                        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Well done Andrew, out of interest where are you having the work done on the car? I have a 71 2.2T US delivered car. Have owned several RHD versions too, and for me the LHD is lovely.

Comment

sorry for the extremely slow response , I have not logged in for some time! My 65 build car is still being restored but the back of it is broken, Jason Carroll from chequered flag is doing a very thorough job on her

Comment

Working...
                            X