Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1969 Porsche 911E Race Car (Group S)

Hi All,

With the purchase of another race car, the current race car is up for sale.

My 1969 Porsche 911 E, is a matching number original low mileage car, and remains LHD.

Some background: The car came from California, and I have all the receipts from the car from the previous owner when we purchased the car in 2007 from California. It was reported at the time that the car was genuine 44,000 miles, and the evidence I had, showed that this seemed to be correct. The car was all original, with the exception of the paint, that had a fresh coat over the top of the original.

The car sat in our shed, seemingly relatively unloved until in 2013 I decided to retire my 1967 911S which I had campaigned in Group S since 2006. I decided to build the 69E into my new Group S car. With that decision made, I decided to take all that we had learnt in the 67S and replicate and improve on that in the 69E.

The engine and gearbox from the 67S were transplanted into the E, so that the matching engine and gearbox could be put on the shelf and remain original. The body of the 69E remained perfect, so nothing was required to be done to that, other than remove the original steel bumpers, and install the the fibreglass ones. A new cage was installed by Brown Davis, that included double side intrusion to the drivers side (left) for extra strength and protection.

Next was the electrics, that Chris Fahey completed at Prestige Auto Wiring in Bittern. Again, the entire loom was removed and replaced utilising the highest grade components, including in the installation of a stall light (not mandatory at the time will be in 2020), plus replacing all the globes in the car with LEDs (inside and out). I also had Chris install some USB points in the car for camera's and use when on the road (as I still do drive on the road)!. Another feature was the blower motor which replaced the location of the clock, and has a two speed option to blow fresh air from the front of the car. This is attached to a battery box that I place frozen packs in to provide my form of evaporative cooling! In addition, I added interior lighting, including engine bay and front truck (boot), all operated by one switch on the dash.

The interior was stripped (it pained me to pull out all the original horse hair liner!), but all coverings retained to ensure that the finish of the car was not too race car like. All the original seats and interior panels come with the sale of the car.
    Headlining was removed, and replaced with felt. The seats are a combination of race seat, and small 911R seat trimmed in McFarlane clan hunting tartan, and yes before you ask, Webster is part of the McFarlane clan See it all has meaning!

Suspension was fully renewed with Bilstein shockers and the torsion bars upped to the maximum available being 24 at the front and 34 on the back (that is my recollection anyway). This provides a firm ride, but mated with relatively moderate sway bars, the car ride is firm without being ridiculous on the road. Hence why I can still drive the car to work and take it on the occasional club run. A front oil cooler was installed to improve oil cooling. Perspex windows are throughout the car, including the rear window, however the front quarters and windscreen are still glass.

For wheels, I had steel alloy 6 inch rims made by Harry Witham in Rye Victoria. These were what ran on the car until Bathurst this year when I noticed a fracture in one of the steel wheels. I need to get this fixed, and can do so if the new owner wishes to have them on the car, or a set of 6 inch Fuchs. The option is there.

The engine in the car today is a 911E motor that is freshly rebuild, with only run-in miles (approx 600 miles), and one race meeting on it (Winton Historics in May 2019). Video is available to view at anytime. This motor was fully rebuilt about 2 years ago, and recently installed after my other engine did a big end bearing. The internals are fairly standard but it has 2.0 S pistons with E cams, and fully rebuilt MFI pump to S specs by Bosch in Germany. This means it is brand new! The car runs SSI's so you have a heater that works perfectly. It is mated to a George Cairns lightweight muffler that sounds awesome and generates torque and hp over the standard 911 muffler. The engine performed very well at Winton, and did a 1.12.1, and won it's class.

So you ask, what comes included with the sale?
    • The car as it sits today with the 901 gearbox (with short ratios and LSD) and engine as described above. It also included the original matching engine and gearbox from the car.
    • The original engine is missing the pump and MFI components, as these were used on the 911E motor installed in the car now.
    • All the original bumpers and interior come with the car, as well as the significant amount of paperwork and history.
    • All race history and logbook etc comes with the car. Only my camera mount and the Dorian timer will come out.
    • Two set of wheels, being a set of 15 inch 6 inch fuchs, or the set of Steel/Alloy rims mentioned above. Additionally I have a set of 14 inch 5.5 inch fuchs I run on the shorter tracks, and this aids in even shorter gearing, and being able to take advantage of different tyres and compounds.

Full disclosure : The car had one accident since I raced it. No other previous damage can be seen anywhere on the car. It was hit in the passenger door at Winton in 2014 if I remember correctly. It was all fixed by Jason Carroll at Chequered Flag, and done right. No cheating regarding the repairs, eg new door etc.

Where is it?
    The car is located at our ManCave in Carrum Downs, and I offer it here first for anyone that is interested before starting to spread the net wider and further.

Any inspections are welcome. For anyone wanting to get into club track sprints, historic racing, or a really great outlaw then this is a perfect turn key fit. Additionally, without too much work you could return it to a road car too.

Price:
    $159k, the car represents amazing value for someone, and I hope it goes to a good home. The car is on historic registration and therefore needs to be sold unregistered.

I can be emailed at aewebster@ me.com or 0419 527 five six seven.
    Last edited by alexwebster; 30-05-19, 12:22 PM. Reason: minor edits and further details of the car
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

some of the pictures!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 16 photos.
    Alex Webster

Comment

such a beautiful car, i always loved watching it appear out the back of the transporter ! GLWS
      Craig
      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
      1972 2.4E Targa project
      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

The car is famous too, it is in the app - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/automoji-stuttgart/id1153434045?mt=8

Alex Webster Race Car Avatar.GIF
        Alex Webster

Comment

And the new car is ????

Comment

Originally posted by PCM911T View Post
            And the new car is ????
            Another Porsche race car !
            Alex Webster

Comment

Would it have IROC or GT3 in its name??

Comment

Pics please. (of the new car).
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Advert now on My105 for those interested. http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/id/21296/latest/1

Alex Webster

Comment

Bump for those that have not seen the ad.

Car is ready to go.

I am about to rip all the stickers off it and make it look a little more like a road car.

Will consider a trade if someone is looking to sell something and make the process easier.
                    Alex Webster

Comment

Working...
                    X