X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie 67 unfinished project fir sale

I am posting this as thought someone may be interested

Car is in NSW and is not mine.

The car is pretty rare, being an Australian delivered coupe. It was originally beige grey (beigegrau). It was optioned with sunroof delete, 5 speed, radio, headrest on passenger seat only. According to Hugh Hodges it is the only beige grey 911 ever delivered here.

The car was complete and painted red when I bought it and I disassembled it. All electricals worked - the loom is still in place. The gearbox and brakes etc also worked. The engine turned over but had very low compression in one cylinder.

All parts removed come with the car, except the clock which was missing when I got it. The original date matched steel wheels also come with the car.

The engine is the original matching numbers unit and has been fully rebuilt by Carlos Cavaco to make a bit more power than stock. This includes 2.1 litre capacity barrels, high compression pistons, 911E cams and mild head porting. A brand new SSI exhaust has also been fitted. Everything internal new/refreshed and all external parts have been plated and finished correctly.

The gearbox was stripped and inspected and all gears and synchros etc looked good. Reassembled with new clutch.

The shell has been blasted and coated and is currently midway through body restoration and paint. We found rust but no accident damage. I have used new parts from Porsche where possible, apart from a few smaller pieces like the sills kit I purchased from Restoration Design. This includes new front guards, new front pan, new tank support etc. The front body work is done. Left to do are the sills, some minor pin hole repairs, some repairs to the floors and then paint. Also included is a brand new and correct fuel tank for the car and a tank fitting kit. The front suspension has been removed, blasted and coated etc.

Full interior cones with the car, but it will need work.

I would estimate this to be a mid $200k car when done. I’m looking for around $130k. Happy to show the shell as it currently sits.

VIN 306624

Engine 911024

Delivered 28/12/1966

Options - radio, wooden steering wheel, tinted glass, steel wheels with hubcaps, seat belts, passenger head rest, Koni dampers and ski rack

Contact me if interested and I will refer you to the owner

clyde@the-boyers.biz
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Sold
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Wow!
      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Great deal and great colour.

Comment

very well bought - I saw this car when it first was found.

I hope the new owner joins us here and we can all live vicariously through the completion of this swb....

Im biased of course, but its great to see so many swb's popping up.

JR
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
          1961 356B #114700
          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
          X