Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door pocket rivets

I know, another rivet question.

I'm in the middle of restoring my 72's door pockets and need some new hinge and trim rivets. The only ones available though the usual suppliers appear to be incorrect pop type rivets. Does anyone know of a source for the correct flat rivets? Black 8mm outer dia x 4mm shaft dia
    Attached Files
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

I meant to post this last year......

These were the closest rivets that I could find.

door pocket rivets (2).jpg
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Door pockets installed, carpets still not glued in yet....

interior sm.jpg
      Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Wow just beautiful workman ship

Comment

Originally posted by 72_sporto View Post
          Door pockets installed, carpets still not glued in yet....

interior sm.jpg
          Thanks for the tip on the rivets Bill I was about to start searching.

Who did the carpet for you, I'm sure you know it is not correct like you have it but somehow it looks the goods anyway
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Hi Clyde, I sewed all of the carpets and seats myself. It was my "COVID lockdown project" last year.

After a lot of research, I visited and bought the german vinyl from Veteran Co. in LA in 2019- so that I could actually see the colour. I then took it up to Mars at World Upholstery to be basketweaved. I know it's probably sacrilege, but I chose a type of Mercedes Java instead of any of the original Porsche colours. Pure selfishness!

I decided to not put any rubber inlays in the mats, as I'm lucky to drive it weekly these days and never in the rain. I liked the idea of a "pure beige" look and am very happy with my choice- so far.

I had a friend's set of completely original comfort seats that I used as a template for the seats. But even with those to work from, it still took me many trial seatcovers to get the look the way I wanted it. For the moment, I've also chosen to not have pleat lines in the bases, too.

I may end up putting the rubber in the mats if they get too dirty...
            Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

I would encourage you to add the metal plate to the RHS footwell otherwise you’ll have dirty carpet pretty soon

Nice job on the seats
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
              X