• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thick grip 380mm "RS" part number steering wheel

380mm VDM steering wheel with excellent repro hockey puck

Part number 914 347 806 10 - by consensus the correct for '73 RS Carrera
    Dated 3 / 70

Recovered by Dallas Custom Steering wheels "thick grip"

Spokes are original factory paint and some little scuffs.

Comes with AASE extension hub and all hardware

$1,800 plus shipping

Attached Files

Yes RS wheel number for sure same number as the wheel on both my first series RS cars
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
      Yes RS wheel number for sure same number as the wheel on both my first series RS cars
      Thanks for confirming Clyde.

I guess some speculation still on whether or not a 1970 date stamped wheel would be on a '73 car .... but that's a whole other discussion all well above my pay grade!

Comment

No speculation at all, every RS owner I know who thinks they have an original series 1 car (probably a dozen or so) has the early 70 date 380mm 914 wheel the same as your advertising, my 2nd RS #197 still had the rare as rocking horse poo original plastic horn push so I know with 99.999999% certainty that the wheel was put on at the factory. It is what was used from the factory with the early 70 date code.

Second and third series cars mostly had 1/73 dates on their wheels.

The 806 10 info has been confirmed many times, the people who try to muddy the waters are those trying to sell 805 10 wheels as RS wheels at high prices.

Was your wheel ever on an RS, doubt it but you have not claimed that either.

Your wheel is correct for series 1 RS...period.
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
          No speculation at all, every RS owner I know who thinks they have an original series 1 car (probably a dozen or so) has the early 70 date 380mm 914 wheel the same as your advertising, my 2nd RS #197 still had the rare as rocking horse poo original plastic horn push so I know with 99.999999% certainty that the wheel was put on at the factory. It is what was used from the factory with the early 70 date code.

Second and third series cars mostly had 1/73 dates on their wheels.

The 806 10 info has been confirmed many times, the people who try to muddy the waters are those trying to sell 805 10 wheels as RS wheels at high prices.

Was your wheel ever on an RS, doubt it but you have not claimed that either.

Your wheel is correct for series 1 RS...period.
          Good to know!

Hopefully someone needs one!

I got the original 420mm wheel on my car recovered by John at Prostitch ... it's so beautiful and so much more appropriate in every way for a swb so no longer need to 380.

Thanks again Clyde.

Comment

Wheel is sold - many thanks 901 Forum.

Comment

Working...
            X