Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale- '71 T Targa

Hi All,

Up for sale is my '71 T black on black Targa. The opportunity to get back into my grail car forces the sale of this one: with two young kids, I can't keep both- but would if I could.

Purchased in 2016 from a dealer in NSW, after an inspection by PR tech in sydney. My key criteria were to buy a car with a good body, and strong motor: and this car fit the bill. Originally a US car, and an older restoration from the mid-late 90's. Type correct but non-matching engine (I know the matching engine number if that sort of thing is important to you, it wasn't to me). Compression test revealed 158-170psi across the 6 cylinders, with leak down results of 5-6% in all cylinders.

More than $20k of receipts over the last 5 years- with many key mechanical systems gone over, so the car can just be hopped into and driven (as I have done). In my 4 years, I have enjoyed almost 10,000km of completely trouble free driving. Servicing done by Toby at Cairns Classic Porsche initially, and then PCM classic subsequently.

Putting it up here first to see whether there is any interest before braving the usual websites. Looking for offers of around $115k. This is a great driver 911 that can just be hopped into and enjoyed, with a few more cosmetic details to sort out of the fancy takes you- the next things I would have done would be to replace the G-series dash trim items, consider door pockets, period radio +/- Fuchs (although I must say- unlike most I don't mind the incorrect cookie cutters: light and strong, they do the job).

I'm located in Brunswick, Melbourne

Work completed over the last 5 years includes:
    Mechanical:
    - new CV joint boots
    - new engine bay insulation mat
    - new fuel lines
    - new gearbox and engine mounts
    - new fan belt
    - new throttle pivot bushes
    - repair of oil gauge and clock, new oil gauge sender
    - new brake bleeder hose
    - replaced hand throttle bushes and firewall boots
    - upgrade of accelerator trunion
    - new fresh air blower fan motor
    - new oil temp gauge sender
    - major overhaul of steering and suspension by Trutrack in Melbourne: re-built steering rack pinion, front pads and rotors, rebuilt front callipers, new Koni shocks
    - dropped engine and resealed crank case to eliminate leaks (March this year)
    - new batteries (thanks COVID)

Cosmetic:
    - removed rear window and replaced correct chrome trim around rear targa window
    - replaced sun visors, door plugs, window winders
    - new carpet to front trunk
    - new rear seat support straps and luggage straps
    - new passenger door check strap
    - paint restoration and ceramic protection (redone in March this year)

Thanks

Remi

IMG_7658.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by remi; 23-08-20, 08:14 AM.

Looks nice, and it's a sellers market at the moment imo.

Comment

looks very nice, GLWS
      Craig
      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
      1972 2.4E Targa project
      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

So what's the grail car ?
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
          So what's the grail car ?
          '67 Maserati Mexico

I used to own one which I sold 10yrs ago (it was the deposit for our first house); didn't think I'd own one again, but an opportunity came up. Driveable now, but will be gradually improved over subsequent years- suspect I'll not part with this one!

Comment

SOLD (actually 1.5 months ago, but was waiting for funds to clear).

Comment

I would be keen to see pictures of your new car.

Comment

Happy to post a couple of photos- yet to take any proper ones, as only finally picked up on the weekend after 2 months of mechanical sorting...need to get rid of that horrible window tint next.

Very different drive to the 911 of course- it's a GT car not a sports car after all. Down the track, once kids are older and life settles down- would love to add an early 911 back into the garage again; but with small primary school aged kids, driving and enjoying 2 classics is a few years off yet!

IMG_1276.jpeg IMG_1275.jpeg

Comment

I don't recognise the shape, what model porsche is this Remi..!?!
                  Mickc

65’ 912/6
                  70’ 911T coupe
                  00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Very cool.

I removed window from a car I bought recently , a hair dryer makes it quite a simple job.

Comment

Originally posted by remi View Post
                      Down the track, once kids are older and life settles down- would love to add an early 911 back into the garage again; but with small primary school aged kids, driving and enjoying 2 classics is a few years off yet!
                      I feel your pain! my cars are becoming garage queens for this same reason
                      Mickc

65’ 912/6
                      70’ 911T coupe
                      00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

that's a magnificent looking car
                        '71 911 T 2.7
                        TYP 901 Register #16
                        Early 911S Register #2460
                        Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

Working...