72 E for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

72 E for sale

No affiliation. Saw it at the Bosch /Highball cars and coffee a few months ago. Looked good.

Andrew Vidler

72T

Well for all the effort they have gone to, and it is considerable, they missed the mark on so many things.

The thing that would concern me most apart from non matching numbers is the missing chassis ID plate!!

Then I would need about two gallons of black paint to make it look more correct for a 72 and the correct 72 MFI air cleaner and so on and so on

As a LHD car might be a cheaper way to get hold of what on the surface looks to be a half decent car that has had a lot of work it's just the devil is in the detail.

How much would you pay for a classic Porsche without it's ID plate??
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Add to the list..
      A02D3836-CA32-4706-B155-D56064E94362.JPG
      '97 993 - new toy
      '95 993 - on the chopping block
      '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Comment

Would be a nice addition but that is the least of that cars problems I am told it was on car sales for $195k no wonder it is elsewhere now as a LHD Targa in Australia is going to be a hard sell for sure.
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

Whilst it was nice to see H1 headlights fitted, the lenses are still for a LHD car and I am not sure if there were also LHD/RHD cnfigurtions for the hi beam reflectors built into these lights because it also looks like they may be configured for LHD also.

The issue is an RWC item and should have been noted before registering the car (even on club plates) because using LHD headlights when driving on the left hand side of he road, causes oncoming drivers to be dazzled.

I also agree with Clydes comments that they have tried to get it mostly right but have some obvious mistakes, but time wll tell as to what it actually sells for, and also if they accept the final bid or pass it in (if thats possible on this auction site).

sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

There was something weird about this car. The claim was a German delivery but it has a USA specification indicator and wiper stalk along with the USA specification mirror. That would have been noted on the CoA which the seller claimed to have, but failed to disclose.

I thought it was a real shame that this car could have been so close to being period correct (Which would have cost zero in the restoration process) yet despite the apparent excellent bodywork it falls very short in the details.

I may be out of touch with what buyers expect these days and perhaps decent bodywork is all that matters, I dunno.

I checked the Auction some 30 minutes before close and it was bid to $135,000. It appears to have been passed in but am unsure as to the high bid. Anyone know?

Comment

I saw 145 near the end
              Mickc

65’ 912/6
              70’ 911T coupe
              00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

No sale at $151
                Craig
                12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                1972 2.4E Targa project
                1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Not sure how it is going to sell for more especially as it is LHD a Targa and not assembled as well as it could have been...think they ran out of black paint at the paint shop for one.
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President

Comment

Working...
                  X