1967 911 Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1967 911 Parts

Firstly thank you for the valuable information posted on the site. I have recently purchased the Orange 1967 912/911 from Queensland that was in pieces, I think the car has a few mentions over the past few years.
    The car is now almost complete with a 2.7 engine, I have lots of surplus parts for sale, many for a 2.0 911R engine, most are listed on ebay.

Again thanks for all the help. Rgds Alan

Welcome aboard Alan.

A link to your listings might be a good thing if you get the chance!

Cheers

Cam
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Thanks Cam blow is a link to my ebay Parts

Alan

Comment

Welcome Alan!

Any chance of some more photos of your car and some history?
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Richard,

The car was purchased by Chuck Appel in August 2004 from a guy in Singapore, it looks like a genuine right drive 912 I am not sure where the car originated its chassis # 354398, perhaps someone knows if this was an Australian Delivered car.

Chuck planned to build a 911R clone track car, somewhere along the way it turned into a 911S look. Chuck was active in the Porsche Club of Queensland and enjoyed the chase for new and used parts around the world. He planned to build a 2.0 R engine for the car.

The car had some rust removed form the front, all new 911S suspension with adjustable sway bars, rear guards & flares and a fresh coat of tangerine. Unfotrunatley Chuck passed away sometime in 2007-2008. The family put the car on the market eariler this year.

I purchased the car a few months ago with the main car complete, no interior, no transaxle or engine assembled installed. Over the passed few months I have installed a lightweight interior, had the 901 rebuilt with a limited slip, installed a used 2.7 purchased from a friend.

I had originally intended to have the 2.0 R engine built, as its not an orignal car and it will spend more time on the road than the track a 2.7 made more sense.

I have added up what Chuck spent before I got the car, Chuck had recipts over 60k not including the car.

Car is now having ride hieghts and wheel alignment adjusted, I will post some photos soon.

Alan

Comment

I'm sorry to hear Chuck has passed away.

I may know the car... I looked at a Tangerine 912 being kept in a shed in Ormeau (outside Brisbane) 10 years ago when I was searching for my current 911. I did "assessment sheets" for all the cars I looked at - if I can find where I filed them, I may have some additional info.
            Last edited by Terminator; 25-11-10, 04:35 PM.
            John Forcier
            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
            Restoration Saga
            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

reports of Chuck's death are greatly exaggerated...

Just to clarify, Chuck was working at one stage with the PO to put stuff together.

The PO passed away (not Chuck) and the PO's son dealt with the sale.

Cheers

Mitchell

Comment

Apologies to Chuck Appel and anyone I may have offended, Chuck arranged the purchase from the owner based in Singapore. The person that passed away was Rod Abbot, I purchased the car from Tim Abbot his son.

Regards

Alan

Comment

From PCA:-

This 912 was invoiced by the factory on 2nd Sep 1966

Car was Australian delivered by Hamiltons
                  Virginia Brown exterior
                  Beige Leatherette with Houndstooth inlay
                  5 speed manual
                  Right hand Drive
                  Chrome wheels
                  Tinted Windscreen

31BB61A0-24C4-48EB-BC03-5322A629F0C1.jpeg 39074FEF-70D1-4125-A594-25717579CB67.jpeg
                  Last edited by Skidmarks; 12-01-21, 01:49 PM.

Comment

...and Chuck did end up passing away (last year).

Comment

Does the car still look like this? There was a tangerine 912 with a 2.7 motor and houndstooth interior that was for sale in Sydney a couple years back, and sold through Claytons Sydney a couple years prior to that - same car?

Comment

Originally posted by ELSPORTO View Post
                        Does the car still look like this? There was a tangerine 912 with a 2.7 motor and houndstooth interior that was for sale in Sydney a couple years back, and sold through Claytons Sydney a couple years prior to that - same car?
                        It belongs to skidmarks and looks very similar, minus the roof rack and wheels maybe?
                        Mickc

65’ 912/6
                        70’ 911T coupe
                        00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

That is the car as it stands, currently in Skidmark ownership.

I'm loving the look, 'holiday,touring'

Comment

Working...
                          X