No announcement yet.

911R Tribute car for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As suggested, price has been revised (upwards) in light of current market.

The original post is nearly 2 years old. The market for SWB cars is now much stronger.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

There was a recent sale of an original 911R (# 017) which sold for US$3.5M. Given the popularity of SWB cars now and the trend to completely restore them, I doubt anyone who wants a replica 911R will find a SWB chassis anywhere at a reasonable price, so building an authentic replica is now harder and way more expensive.

This car could always be returned to a straight road car but who would want to remove all the hard work and lose what it is now ?

I believe the price still remains reasonable for this type of car and as they say ' you could never build another one for this price'.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Phill if I wasn't thinking of school fees for the next 10+years I'd love your car!!
        Mick

Comment

Mick, I hear you. I have just one more school fee to pay and thats it for ever ! I hate to think how much I have spent on school fees so far. Could have bought another house for sure.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
            There was a recent sale of an original 911R (# 017) which sold for US$3.5M. Given the popularity of SWB cars now and the trend to completely restore them, I doubt anyone who wants a replica 911R will find a SWB chassis anywhere at a reasonable price, so building an authentic replica is now harder and way more expensive.

This car could always be returned to a straight road car but who would want to remove all the hard work and lose what it is now ?

I believe the price still remains reasonable for this type of car and as they say ' you could never build another one for this price'.
            Really good points, Phil. I'm sure it won't be too long before your next post says "sold".
            Damian Royce
            TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Damian, you must have a crystal ball.

Its now SOLD. I will let the new owner announce if he wants to reveal about his new purchase.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Nice work Phil, if people are paying $150K for 1970 T cars early 912's have to be worth that.
                Was it a LHD convert?

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                  Damian, you must have a crystal ball.

Its now SOLD. I will let the new owner announce if he wants to reveal about his new purchase.

Congrats to you and the new owner. I'm sure he/she will have a lot of fun with it.
                  Damian Royce
                  TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
                    Nice work Phil, if people are paying $150K for 1970 T cars early 912's have to be worth that.
                    Was it a LHD convert?
                    Chris think Phil said it was a LHD 912 converted by the prev owner

Irrespective, someone bought a tasty car...wasn't a cashed up bogan art director by any chance ?...
                    Last edited by Michel; 28-06-15, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Happy to announce I'll be the new owner of this little pocket rocket (my 3rd swb purchase this month... I must be nuts buying in this market). Kudos to Phil and all involved in the build of this very nice re-creation. I plan to keep the momentum going and make a few more true to period/model updates and just enjoy driving and admiring

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrs911 View Post
                        Happy to announce I'll be the new owner of this little pocket rocket (my 3rd swb purchase this month... I must be nuts buying in this market). Kudos to Phil and all involved in the build of this very nice re-creation. I plan to keep the momentum going and make a few more true to period/model updates and just enjoy driving and admiring
                        Congratulations, and to the question on everyone's lips, which is not why 3 swbs - because we all would if we could. Rather... are you a cashed up bogan art director?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrs911 View Post
                          Congrats, do share pics as we all love to share the dream......

Comment

Congratulations to both buyer and seller, and welcome to the board.
                            Cam Arnott
                            Looking for engine #6208151
                            1970 911E (Sold)
                            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                            2 x Split Screen Kombis
                            TYP 901 Register # 78
                            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Congratulations to Phil and welcome Blackrs. Nice car to use right out of the box.

Comment

Congratulations and welcome Blackrs911! Nuts... I don't think so! You can always enjoy looking at and driving quality cars regardless how much you invest. Selling is the harder part in my opinion! Love to see some pics of your SWB stable when you can. Enjoy!
                                Cheers
                                Tom
                                Tom Laube
                                Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
                                VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

Working...
                                X