Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

911R Tribute car for sale

NOW SOLD.

With all the interest around in SWB early cars, I thought I would list my 1966 911R tribute car for sale (officially).

Here is a link to when it was completed:

The Australian TYP 901 register is forum for enthusiasts who pay homage to this remarkable machine.

as there are a few pics of it there as well as below.. There are pics on various other threads over the years, mainly in the General Forum.

A lot of work has gone into this car and it could use some more small items like rubber mats or interior lightweight carpet, some door trims and maybe a quieter muffler. (I have one available I could include).

It has an original 2.0 litre motor on carbs with a 5 spd 901 gearbox. I fitted a later G series front end with alloy cross member and bigger brakes. It has 5 6X15 deep 6 wheels finished in RSR finish by Harvey Wiedman with Dunlop R tyres. It has ALL the correct "R" bits on it except for a centre fill fuel tank, but this can easily be added if desired. Has side mounted oil tank using oil console from '72 911 (try finding one of these oil tanks now).

Both front guards, hood, engine lid and front/rear bumpers are fibreglass. Body is rust free with new floors and sills. Interior has BF Torino seats - Rallye St drivers and Nurburgring bucket for passenger. Steering wheel is one of the first 911R replica wheels which is correct in all details. Has Willans 6 pt harnesses plus half cage rollbar (not CAMS approved but original design). Gauges are early but not green markings (Ian Henderson has a set for sale with 10,000 rpm tach) . Will include a set of dash mounted stopwatches.

Side, quarter and rear windows are perspex with correct vents. Front screen is glass.

I have all the old suspension parts and brakes still available for the car if somebody desires absolute originality but beware, brakes are solid discs.

Car is unregistered but easy to put onto Club permit plates if you are a TYP901 member. Colours are Gulf Blue and orange but only bumpers are orange and can easily be repainted to Gulf Blue if desired for uniform colour.

Am rationalising my collection but not desperate to sell so no low-ball offers thanks. A full photo history of rebuild is available with the car. Please dont ask me to email these pics, there are way too many.

Offered here first to 901 Forum members. Will entertain offers around $97,000 as you couldn't build it again for that. Vic custom plate can be included if buyers wants to register it on full reg in Victoria.

PM me if seriously interested. As they say on CarSales - no joy riders thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by e72phil; 30-06-15, 04:05 PM.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

More 911R for sale pics

Some more pics of 911R below:
    Attached Files
    sigpicPhil Lack
    R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Just noticed the interior shot shows 2 x Rallye ST seats. I changed one over to a lighter seat to match the original car spec a little better.

Will post an update photo soon.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Hey Phil,

is this what you think about on your 60th birthday?

You, Sir, have a very spectacular, clean car !

Love the color combo and attention to detail.

GLWS

Comment

Marty, I was thinking about getting old and how much money I needed for retirement ! I will see what interest I get in the car, but its a special car and will suit someone who just has to have an "R". It certainly turns heads, if thats what you are into.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

How does one let that go? The detail........Such a beautiful car.
            Kane Kennedy
            Typ 901 Register #204
            71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

If I was buying now Phil, you would have an offer. Great car and well done on all counts.

Comment

Thanks Merv. Yes a huge amount of work just went into sourcing the parts, which these days, are easier to find as more people want to build R replicas. But many do it on a LWB chassis as SWB chassis are harder to find.

I may end up keeping it if the right buyer doesnt come along. Am loathe to put it out there on car Sales as the tyre kickers would flatten the tyres.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Agreed Phil. It can only appreciate in time.

Comment

Whoever sent me a recent email asking about engine specs, pls resend as I seem to have lost it.

For the record, the engine is a 2.0 litre alloy case with carbies (not sure of size). I believe cams are standard We fitted headers for the exhaust so no heat exchangers. Muffler is a semi baffled twin outlet S/S model sourced from Germany . A std muffler should till fit on.

Engine currently has std coil ignition but I have an MSD system to go on which gives a much hotter spark for better ignition.

Engine no is: 911399
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

That is one of the best I have seen. I still love the simple engine bay.

Comment

Phil, I think you might want to reassess the price (upwards considerably), given the increasing popularity of SWB cars overseas. CTS would be asking double.

Paul M

Comment

It is an old add and Phil didn't re start the conversation...think he is holding currently
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President
                          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                            It is an old add and Phil didn't re start the conversation...think he is holding currently

his signature says otherwise?!?
                            Richard Griffiths
                            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

I guess the car is still for sale but perhaps the price will be revised in light of market movements.

As Clyde said, its an old ad so I will revise shortly after I return form USA.
                              sigpicPhil Lack
                              R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Working...
                              X