• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1970 2.2 engine for sale

Hi Guys,

I've got a 1970 2.2 engine for sale.

engine number: 6100454

The 2.2 comes with Zenith carbs, air box, ignition, and heat exchangers. Basically the whole deal. Engine runs, but carbs need a clean out, heat exchanges have usual rust spots. Have complete rebuild kit for carbs, new jets the whole lot.

Was going to rebuild myself, but decided to sell and see if I can find a 2.4 or 3.0 for my car (1972 911T) instead.

Engine has been removed from car and is now on an engine stand awaiting your inspection. You're welcome to come down look, poke around and ask whatever questions you like.

Engine is located only 15 mins from Devonport airport, in the beach side suburb of Shearwater. Qantas flys 3 times a day to and from Melbourne. Alternatively can video chat, Skype, FaceTime or send whatever photos you want.

Can arrange transport and packing for additional cost.

$6500 ONO.

Item is currently only listed here.
    If I don't get any responses in the next week it will be going up on ebay and gumtree.

Kind regards,

Chris
    Attached Files

Hi Chris, thats interesting. I did the eaxactl same thng with my 72T. My 2.2 was not in such a good state howoever. I managed to get a 2.4 out of the States. I also have a 2.4 case if that is of interest to you.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your message. Nice to hear someone else has traveled this road before.

BTW where did you get your 2.4 from in the US? Ebay or a well know wrecker? Interested to know who you ended up using to ship it to Australia.

All the best.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris

I put a wanted add on early91sregistry.org.
        A guy out of Florida responded. The engine cost me 2.5K USD (no MFI). I used the same shipping company that shipped my car out from the States. they just put the engine in a container with other cars. The cost was about NZD400.00. It took about 4 weeks for it to land in Auckland New Zealand. I have to say a completely stress free process.

Le me know if I can help.

Comment

Thanks Ian.
          I will give early91sregistry.org a try and see if someone has a 72 2.4.

Should have some more money towards it soon. My 2.2 is now on ebay and within 24 hours I have already had a number of offers. We are getting closer to what I consider acceptable.

Ebay ad ends this Friday so should have a winner before then.

Kind regards,

Chris

Comment

Thanks for everyones interest and enquiries via ebay and PM.
            Engine has just sold and will be going to a new owner in Melbourne in Jan.

Kind regards,

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,
              I bought a freshly rebuilt 3.2 short block in the states. The crowd I bought it from crated it on a pallet and shipped via Fedex which was very reasonable. From memory shipping was around $7-$800, including all customs paper work - door to door.
              Paul Wischer
              1969 911T
              1979 Californian Moke
              TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Working...
              X