TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: RARE 1969 Porsche 911E Targa 1 of only 858! Irish Green RHD (930 Turbo look)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: RARE 1969 Porsche 911E Targa 1 of only 858! Irish Green RHD (930 Turbo look)

No affiliation.

Price:
    11,500 GBP

Descripton:

My apologies the listing containers an error and I was unable to rectify the images without ending the item.
    I now also have a reasonable freight cost and have revised the listing price to reflect the savings.
    For sale Right-Hand drive 1969 Porsche 911E Targa project.
    1 of only 858 made, #794 and one of the last 69 Targas - that's less than S and RS models.

7/1969 year VIN 119210794
    originally the very desirable Irish Green colour, similar to British racing green

Rolling body project No motor or driveline.
    As can be seen from photos, floors are original and in very good order.

What comes with the car:
    - 1969 911E Targa RHD shell.
    - Rolling on all suspension, Boge shocks, torsion bars etc
    - New front brake calipers
    - Disc brakes all round
    - Early LWB front wings/fenders/guards
    - long hood/bonnet
    - new front latch slam panel
    - engine lid
    - Doors
    - door Quarter glass fixed panel and early opening ones
    - All glass
    - Targa top that fits very well
    - Targa headliner
    - Complete dash, gauges, stereo glovebox, indicator stalk etc and steering wheel as pictured
    - Carpet, all seats (small rip on each both front seats)
    - Pedal box 901 gear shifter, handbrake lever
    - Fan blower and ducting
    - Battery and fuse wiring as Working (battery may suffer during shipping)
    - Code correct '69 901/09911E Manual magnesium engine case (not matching) 2.0l crank and rods.
    - Full set (5) of matching 911E 14x5.5inch Fuchs forged wheels (5 wheels) correct dated for this car 6/69 date, as well as other rare original drivers manual and other 69 sales brochures.
    - plus rolling on Cup style wheels and excellent Tyres to suit an SC.ave
    - also included some parts to convert to LHD if you like also at no charge.
    Note: It is Missing trims, bumpers and all deco.

1969 was the first year of the Long wheel base 911 and the year the 'E' model was introduced, following the 911L of 1968.
    Positioned just after the Range-topping 911S, the E is rapidly appreciating well ahead of the lower specification 911T and 912.

Model line up for Porsche in 1969 was
    1) 911S - top of the range
    2) 911E - the luxurious comfort model.
    3) 911T - base model 911
    4) 912 - 4 cylinder

Great project for someone who has time and energy. With early 'S' cars out of reach for many, the 'E' is a great classic annd on the rise as can be seen by the quickly rising prices following the USA market.
    Why settle for a base model 'T' when you can build your own classic 'E' from a great platform or use as a race car.

Not sure about UK historic racing but in Australia a 1969 build date 911 allows racing use in Historic Group S class. Being an 'E' model it was equipped with Mechanical Fuel Injection (MFI) as standard and so this particular car can be used with the famous MFI 2.0 911S motor for Group S racing.

Or alternatively Google "Irish Green 1969 Soft Window Targa" for what this car could be restored as.

SHIPPING
    The freight is costly. I have obtained two quotes for sea freight (1 from Aus broker, 1 from UK broker) for shipping from Sydney, Australia to London (Southampton), UK.

The costs total GB £ 2,000.00

Other options/destinations are of course available. They are all at your cost - This includes all export charges, and freight shipping costs.

I have included in the listing price to deliver the project car to the shipping forwarder depot in Sydney, even if you arrange your own shipping.

What it DOES NOT include is UK destination charges upon arrival U.K. port making unloaded and customs cleared UK bonded warehouse
    Ready for collection
    You need to allow around GB £ 750.00 to cover this.

You also need to arrange any import approvals and MOTs etc once the project is completed by you.

BIDDING & BUYING
    Please read: bid to buy, not to think about it. This item is priced low at less than 10% of the finished vehicle.
    Please note this is a fixed price, do not wait till the end to submit an offer, as that offer expires when the listing ends. And again, please note the listing price, or agreed offer price does NOT include freight. Negative feedback and reporting to ebay will be left for anyone who buys and changes their mind or forgets about freight costs.

So its originally a LHD SWT 911 or 912
    Last edited by Michel; 13-03-15, 05:28 PM.

Comment

No such thing as a factory original RHD targa in 1969; or any year until '73... The front clip appear wrong too - no battery boxes?
      Last edited by Fishcop; 13-03-15, 06:26 PM.
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
        No such thing as a factory original RHD targa in 1969; or any year until '73... The front clip appear wrong too - no battery boxes?
        and that makes it very rare... a genuine ONE of NONE ever produced
        how rare is that?
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Australian TYP 901 Register #005
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Touche Hugh !
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

This cars been around for a while for sale,I saw the car last year@smsp and offered to buy the original 69s engine and gearbox he had in it.
            Nice guy to deal with but, he's a tad unrealistic on price. It needs lots of love to bring it back,
            Fishy,you keen??

Comment

Yes I think I know who you're talking about now Nick, he does seem a genuinely good guy. The car seems wrong though... the front clip is clearly not original, but understandable when you're trying to get rid of rust.

I want a targa, but I don't think this one is a candidate for me.
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
              X