Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTT: '69 deck lid for '70-73 deck lid

ok,
    i have a very nice one year only '69 deck lid (from a '69 T sporto) that initially i'm only interested in swapping for a very nice '70- '73 deck lid- i can include a recoverable (painted black) 3 bar grille in the deal.
    pm for photos
    Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Calling Jock Campbell
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Craig I'm very interested in this. I have 2 deck lids that may suit your needs and am looking for a 69 lid and grille.

Comment

Anyone else looking to swap out a 69 decklid? :-)

Comment

or maybe try ESR
          Craig
          1972 2.4E Targa project

Comment

Not sure if the ebay lid above is for a 70-72....
            Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Originally posted by 72_sporto View Post
              Not sure if the ebay lid above is for a 70-72....
              Bill,
              I thought with only tabs to fit a 3 bar grill it was ok for a '69 ?
              Craig
              1972 2.4E Targa project

Comment

Scott, I received a notification of a PM from you but there were no contents in the PM.

I may be interested in a swap as I still have the 2 lids referred to in this post. I believe 1 may be of interest to you. This lid is on the car at the moment. The other is apparently a later lid.

As for the lid that may interest you, epilot can tell you someone appears to have removed 2 of the 6 tabs used to secure the 3 middle bars of the 5 bar grilles in the 70-73 cars. However, I believe they could be replaced relatively easily. I do not know if there are differences between any of the 70-73 lids. If there are differences then I do not know which year this lid is but believe it is a lid for at least one of those years.

I’ll take some photos if you are interested. If so please send some detailed photos of your 69 lid.

Comment

I had to look up a 69 lid to see the difference to the 70 model. Here it is .
                  68-69 decklid.jpg
                  Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by jock69t View Post
                    Scott, I received a notification of a PM from you but there were no contents in the PM.

I may be interested in a swap as I still have the 2 lids referred to in this post. I believe 1 may be of interest to you. This lid is on the car at the moment. The other is apparently a later lid.

As for the lid that may interest you, epilot can tell you someone appears to have removed 2 of the 6 tabs used to secure the 3 middle bars of the 5 bar grilles in the 70-73 cars. However, I believe they could be replaced relatively easily. I do not know if there are differences between any of the 70-73 lids. If there are differences then I do not know which year this lid is but believe it is a lid for at least one of those years.

I’ll take some photos if you are interested. If so please send some detailed photos of your 69 lid.
                    Jock,

are you saying the lid I sold you isn't an original '69 lid ?

I think you're also saying that 5 years ago I knowingly sold you a lid that had been butchered to look like a '69 lid and thats simply not the case.
                    Last edited by epilot; 17-07-21, 07:17 AM.
                    Craig
                    1972 2.4E Targa project

Comment

Originally posted by jock69t View Post

Notifications always seem to be blank on the website but the text comes into the email ok. Several people have reported the issue.

Yes jock69t please share photos of your 69 decklid to scott@scottsavage.net. As per eBay link above the 69 lid has fewer tabs and two spaces for lights near the latch.

Here are photos of my (I believe) 70-73 decklid (as per other thread, I'm replacing the grille):

PXL_20210703_052106545.jpg

PXL_20210703_054236397.jpg
                      Last edited by generalsmirnov; 20-07-21, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X