WTB: Bosch fuel pump for 1970 911T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Bosch fuel pump for 1970 911T

I'm looking for the correct fuel pump for my 1970 911T. It is a front mounted Bosch pump. The part numbers are as follows:

Porsche part number - 911.608.107.00
    Bosch part number - 058096 0009

I'm happy to rebuild the pump, so operating condition is not important.

I am also looking for the correct bracket to mount it to the car. The part number is 901.356.505.01 (for LHD). It is item 36 in the following link. Thanks.

Last edited by oz772; 23-08-16, 01:11 PM.
    Scott Rackley
    1977 Carrera 3.0

Your link does not work
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I just tried on my iPad and it loaded. I'm not sure why it might not...is this one any better?

If not, I'll attach a photo tomorrow. Thanks Clyde.
      Scott Rackley
      1977 Carrera 3.0

Comment

Seems to show 356's

Comment

Scott, I reckon Phil Lack may have a couple of these tucked away?

Your new link doesnt work for me either, but the pumps are the most common, however the new versions are junk and so people get their old ones rebuilt as you suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
            Scott, I reckon Phil Lack may have a couple of these tucked away?

Your new link doesnt work for me either, but the pumps are the most common, however the new versions are junk and so people get their old ones rebuilt as you suggested.
            Thanks Chris. Yeah, that is the intention; I'd read several reports that the new pumps weren't worth the effort. I'll drop Phil a PM. There is no rush, as the Pierburg pump currently fitted works fine. After the recent fuel dramas (all fixed now, thank you Tony!), I thought I'd get the system back to original.

Here is a photo of the bracket I am after, along with the three outlet pump. (Not the other pump in the foreground). Thank you.

Scott Rackley
            1977 Carrera 3.0

Comment

Link worked for me, but 552 GBP, they must be joking!

Paul M

Comment

This is where the Weber cars have it easy with pumps

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                  This is where the Weber cars have it easy with pumps
                  Actually, my car has been changed to 40IDA3C Webers. I have no intention of changing it back to Zeniths, as I am very happy with the Webers. That being the case, am I best off staying with the Pierburg pump? Was the Bosch recirculating pump something that was necessary for the Zenith carbies (and MFI) only? I still have my L plates on with my Porsche, as my expertise has been in straight sixes with triple carbs prior to this, so thanks for any input and advice.
                  Scott Rackley
                  1977 Carrera 3.0

Comment

Scott - I picked up a Facet electric pump (with no return) with a low pressure delivery (about 5psi IIRC) and added the correct banjo connections (from ENZED) and the original Bendix decals (easy to get). Has been perfect for the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by oz772 View Post
                      Thanks Chris. Yeah, that is the intention; I'd read several reports that the new pumps weren't worth the effort. I'll drop Phil a PM. There is no rush, as the Pierburg pump currently fitted works fine. After the recent fuel dramas (all fixed now, thank you Tony!), I thought I'd get the system back to original.

Here is a photo of the bracket I am after, along with the three outlet pump. (Not the other pump in the foreground). Thank you.

I've that pump on my 70T zenith, but the bracket is different. Does LHD differ from RHD?

Comment

Originally posted by jason View Post
                        I've that pump on my 70T zenith, but the bracket is different. Does LHD differ from RHD?
                        I believe so, though I thought they were just mirror reversed?

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                        Scott - I picked up a Facet electric pump (with no return) with a low pressure delivery (about 5psi IIRC) and added the correct banjo connections (from ENZED) and the original Bendix decals (easy to get). Has been perfect for the last 3 years.
                        Thanks Merv.
                        Scott Rackley
                        1977 Carrera 3.0

Comment

Working...
                        X