Nice Australian-delivered 930 Kremer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds right.
    Bill the owner in the article was a (nsw) cake shop proprietor, must of had an emergency cake debacle and the only way to fix the fiasco was to deliver it himself..."I'll get this flippin cake to the wedding on time!" he said.
    Last edited by mrar; 14-10-18, 01:47 PM.
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Saw this stunning 1975 930 Turbo in a Classic Car salesroom in Adelaide in early 2017. From memory it was on display at that time. anyone know anything about it. Presented exceptionally well but did not find out any real detail apart from N.F.S.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
        That sounds right.
        Bill the owner in the article was a (nsw) cake shop proprietor, must of had an emergency cake debacle and the only way to fix the fiasco was to deliver it himself..."I'll get this flippin cake to the wedding on time!" he said.
        Correct - the shop was in Top Ryde in Sydney.

The owner traded a really nice 76 3.0 litre Turbo in Black on this 3.3.

After selling the white one I believe he took up ultra marathon running. My good friend the late Mark Goddard was good friends with him. Mark was a passenger in the 6 hour Sydney - Melbourne drive. He also had a shot of the car with de-commissioned police stickers and lights which caused a huge stir at the time.

JR
        Justin Reed
        aka Reedminor
        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
        1961 356B #114700
        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

That's interesting Justin.
          Here's another guy tying to do it in 5 hours.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
            Saw this stunning 1975 930 Turbo in a Classic Car salesroom in Adelaide in early 2017. From memory it was on display at that time. anyone know anything about it. Presented exceptionally well but did not find out any real detail apart from N.F.S.
            Neville
            I am by no means an expert on these but as i understand it there were only about 7* 1975 turbos delivered here of which 2 were non sunroof emerald green metallic. I presume it is one of those. they were vin # 0085 and #0222

* the list released by Porsche many years ago says there were 6 but I have a list of 7 vin numbers. BUT one was the motor show car (#0016) and another was a tourist delivery car (#0229) so one or the other of those may not have been in the official figures released
            Last edited by HughH; 20-10-18, 04:38 PM.
            Hugh Hodges
            1973 E
            Australian TYP 901 Register #005
            Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Hi Hugh,
              #85 comes up on the online register as tourist del Aus (restored 2017) in the notes.
              Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am guessing the timing is right for the restored in 2017 car #85. It was at Richmond's on the rim of Adelaide CBD. I am guessing that Chris Fryer who owned a 930 at the time may have seen the car being an Adelaide local!

Comment

Shannons Melbourne auctioned an Aussie delivered white 1982 930 Monday 26th November reading just under 160,000 kms tidy but not special hammer price $190k add BP $199,950.

Comment

Working...
                  X