1975 Australian delivered Light Yellow 911S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1975 Australian delivered Light Yellow 911S

I'm hoping someone here may be able to help with my request. The following car has become available again, and I am considering it.

​​​​​​https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions...R8H1BBELO9O2M/

The VIN is 9115300118. It was delivered new into Adelaide via Chateau Moteur on 30 May 1975.

I was wondering whether anyone here may have some history on the car. Shannons normally have a narrative on a car when it is available, but remove that narrative once it is sold. Perhaps someone kept a record of it? I would really appreciate any assistance before I go too far down track with PPI's etc. Thanks in anticipation.
    Scott Rackley
    1977 Carrera 3.0

Scott, I run a steadily growing register of Aussie 74-77 911s (taking inspiration from the fantastic numbers man on this forum!), but unfortunately my list started the year after that car went to auction.

Feel free to PM me your phone number and we can have a chat about that car and general 74-77 prices...

Scotty

Comment

Thanks Scotty. Much appreciated. Just dropped you a PM. Cheers, Scott.
      Scott Rackley
      1977 Carrera 3.0

Comment

I recall there was a chat about the car on the Porsche forum. You could check their marketplace thread around the date of the auction.
        I was interested in the car but was too pricey for my Porsche interests and ended with the 912 on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS1 View Post
          I recall there was a chat about the car on the Porsche forum. You could check their marketplace thread around the date of the auction.
          I was interested in the car but was too pricey for my Porsche interests and ended with the 912 on this forum.
          Thanks Steve. I’m not a member of that forum, but will see what I can find.
          Scott Rackley
          1977 Carrera 3.0

Comment

From memory I had been closely watching the market around that time and I am reasonably sure that this car which looked really nice in the pics was sold at the auction and then several months later was listed on carsales with a much much higher asking price and a list of repairs and renovations since purchase that seemed quite extensive. I could be wrong but having a light yellow 72 It did take my eye.
            Nev

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
              From memory I had been closely watching the market around that time and I am reasonably sure that this car which looked really nice in the pics was sold at the auction and then several months later was listed on carsales with a much much higher asking price and a list of repairs and renovations since purchase that seemed quite extensive. I could be wrong but having a light yellow 72 It did take my eye.
              Nev
              Thanks Nev. That ties up a loose end I wasn’t sure of with what the current seller told me. He said the purchaser from Shannons spent around $16K on it before onselling it. Then he himself spent another $16K on it in late 2016. He has provided receipts for that work.

I went back through comments on the Porsche forum around the time it was at Shannon’s and had a laugh at one of those. The claim was that it had to have been the least desirable air cooled Porsche ever made. I suppose maybe in the context of four years ago, but I would think the early narrow body ‘G’s’ might rate a little higher than that, especially being one of eight 911S’s delivered in 1975. Each to his own I guess!
              Scott Rackley
              1977 Carrera 3.0

Comment

By the way Scott I attended the Shannons Melbourne auction April 29th to check out the 1989 930 Turbo that was auctioned that had mismatched vin and i/d tag number. The last lot was a 1972 hot pink GTR XU1 with a quote of $80 to $100k sat around for 15 minutes while and online v phone bidder took it in mostly $1k increments all the way to $183k from $100k and it did not even appear to my untrained eye to be a great example.

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
                  By the way Scott I attended the Shannons Melbourne auction April 29th to check out the 1989 930 Turbo that was auctioned that had mismatched vin and i/d tag number. The last lot was a 1972 hot pink GTR XU1 with a quote of $80 to $100k sat around for 15 minutes while and online v phone bidder took it in mostly $1k increments all the way to $183k from $100k and it did not even appear to my untrained eye to be a great example.
                  That XU1 was the first LJ XU1 down the Adelaide line. It was very rough! I watched the auction on line. Amazing result, even for it being the first Adelaide built LJ. A mate has one of the five LJ XU1’s built that first day in Adelaide. His is in a one off colour matched to the (I kid not) the plant supervisor’s favourite shirt! Halfway between purple and pink. It was used to test the body kits for the V8 XU1 program. I’m guessing he has increased its insured value since last Monday night!
                  Scott Rackley
                  1977 Carrera 3.0

Comment

Working...
                  X