1975 Copper Brown Metallic Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1975 Copper Brown Metallic Turbo

The Seen Through Glass episode with Magnus Walker "Ultimate Porsche Collection" look at around the 13th minute, Magnus shows us his RHD Australian delivered 1975 Copper Brown Metallic Turbo, and states "one of only two RHD in this colour"....
    I visit Mr Porsche himself, Magnus Walker. Magnus is a designer turned collector and is one of the most renowned Porsche enthusiasts in the world. He walks m...

If Magnus wants the other one...………...

The 75 Turbo has been on the market for quite a while now and at the kms and price I expect it will stay on for quite a while longer. Super low km 930's whether early or late have been selling slowly but strongly. I watched the MW "Ultimate Collection Video" and the guy is a legend but I do not think that a rare colour alone is going to add much to price apart from make it a bit more desirable. Amazing that the 930 has been elevated to such icon status over the last few years.

Comment

Received notification today thru Carsales that a red Scuderia Veloce delivered 1977 3 owner 3.0 litre 930 sold with an asking price of $275K and a low 112,000 kms. Puts the Copper Brown metrallic car at the dear end at $370k even though it is an early delivery 3.0 litre.

Comment

I don't think so. You need to remember there were only 6 cars brought in during 74/75, and the later 76 and 77 models had more cars. Globally there were only 300 Turbo's in 75, so it is a rare car. The premium should be there like there is for a 65 901s. Based on the 275k for the 77, I think the 75 is fair value to be honest.
        Alex Webster
        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

The current issue of Total 911 No 181 has an article comparing a 1975 3.0 930 (2874 built 1975/77) in Copper Brown against a 1974 2.7 Carrera MFI (1667 built 1974/76)
          A good read; they estimate the value of the 75 Turbo @ 250,000 pounds and the 74 Carrera @ 200,000 pounds.
          Point taken Alex.

Comment

Did you manage to buy this copy?
            I've been looking for it in quite a few newsagents
            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Bought today at the Rosebud Newsagent on the Mornington Peninsula. Think they may have had another copy I can grab it for you Monday if you want and put it in the mail. Nev

Comment

Thanks Nev, that would be great if there's a copy available.
                Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Working...
                X