Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on the right size Fuchs 7" & 8" for my 86 Carrera

Hi All

I have an opportunity to get a pair of 7" & 8" for my 86 Carrera with the following part numbers:

7" - 951.362.115 (Unpainted - 86) Front
    8" - 951.362.117 (Unpainted - 86) Rear

Can anyone with experience confirm these part numbers are correct for my model year, any concerns one should look out for and other useful information to consider before pulling the trigger (pic attached).

Many thanks
    Michael
    Attached Files

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-restored.html
    With those part#'s look to of come off 86 944t. the correct ones would have 911 Pt# but I am sure these would fit.
    Fuchs%20Offsets[1].jpg
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

G'day Michael,

Sean is right , 944T.

There is quite a bit of difference in the offset and backspace , plus they will never be "original " to your car.

I would wait for a 911 set, out of curiosity what price ?

regards
      Bruce

Comment

Hi Bruce, Sean

Thanks for the feed back. I checked my current 6" & 7" and they start with 911 part #. My concern was will they "fit" with tires on a Carrera body before considering spacers to get the stance right. So if they do fit would the look be "odd" in your opinion? Im looking to get more of a "deeper dish" look all round.

Interesting to hear they would not be considered original to the model series. Would you guys think this would be a deal breaker in any way as they would be a second set I would rotate around with my originals?

The price is circa $3700 without tires.

Thanks
        Michael

Comment

You are not getting deep dish look with these.
          If these are the ones Peter is selling on esr,send him a msg and ask him if he has a 911 set fs or coming up.
          16x9 will fit under the rear of your car if your after a deep look.
          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

I have them on my sc. (16x9)
            IMG_7114.JPG
            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Thanks. Sorry but do you have Peters email/contact details (Ive been out of the loop with the site and members for a while due to work commitments)

Comment

pm sent
                Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Michael,

The "right" size if you wish to be period correct with a 16" wheel on your 1986 Carrera (I assume not turbo look) is a 6" X 16" front and a 7" X 16" rear. For the 1989 model year only, the rear rim went to a 8" X 16".

You can mount a 7" X 16" rim on the front, however if you are running the stock ride height, you will need to roll the front guards. Looks like you've been sorted with the part numbers.

CJ.

Comment

Thanks Carl. So an 8x16" on the rear will fit given the correct part number. Would a 9x16" also fit or would there need to be some modifications? If so, what would be needed?

Comment

Hi Michael my 85 Carrera (now sold) which was lowered and running wider fuchs wheels had rolled front and rear guards to provide clearance. (sorry can't remember the width but they were not extreme (I think 7 and 8's)

Comment

Originally posted by Rentro the Remote View Post
                        Thanks Carl. So an 8x16" on the rear will fit given the correct part number. Would a 9x16" also fit or would there need to be some modifications? If so, what would be needed?
                        From my experience Michael you'll need to try it, some rub with a 9" and some don't. It's down to your ride height. If the 9" rears rub for any length of time however, it can be disastrous. The friction from the rubber on the inner guard takes the galvanising off the inside and blisters the paint on the outside

9" rears will dictate a 245/45-16 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rentro the Remote View Post
                          No mods on my car in picture above , just jack up remove 6/7's,bolt on 16x7/9's.

Looking at putting these on my ‘81 SC and moving the 7’s to the front. I had the suspension set quite low a while back and was wondering if anyone has had issues with clearance on the rear when fitting the 9’s to a low slung G body car ?....
                          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feed back. Its been extremely helpful

Comment

I have original & replica with the correct offset. If interested email me on porscheparts@performance9.com.au or call 0414 911 901

Comment

Working...
                              X