Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klasikcis
    replied
    Gus I think you are right on the money. Enjoy the cars do not get overly concerned about the market but be sure you regularly review your insurance. And most of all enjoy the mateship of TYP 901 and join in on the club runs.

Leave a comment:

• Gus Carfi
    replied
    Hey guys my mail is that this is the "new normal" and it will be subject to corrections here and there and we should try and insure our cars as best we can and decide whether we are driver or collector and get on with it. Our children and grandchildren will decide whether it was a good investment but when reflecting back recall their old man had a ball with his mates at typ901!

Leave a comment:

• markymark_1968
    replied
    I think it's possibly $20k too hot right now, but if it stays unsold for another month, the market will probably come up to meet it.

Leave a comment:

• klasikcis
    replied
    I am genuinely surprised that this rare Carrera is still listed as available. Yes it was a sporto but it looks good value.

Leave a comment:

• Michel
    replied
    mark my words gents...youll rue the day in 5 years when there are only matra's and widebody covins left to play with in OZ

Leave a comment:

• Terminator
    replied
    Originally posted by ELSPORTO View Post
    When interest rates rise in the US our dollar will fall even more ...

and thats exactly why most of my current stable are UK delivered

Leave a comment:

• Merv
    replied
    Yep then more of our cars will be coveted by OS buyers. I am so glad that my car did not have a LHD to RHD conversion done.
    Last edited by Merv; 07-08-15, 08:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ELSPORTO
    replied
    When interest rates rise in the US our dollar will fall even more ...

Leave a comment:

• Merv
    replied
    I like Richard's comment "will be interesting to see what happens when interest rates start to rise in the US...". I think that is the key in the near future and will trickle down to our market. The dollar relativity is also a big factor in our car values.

Leave a comment:

• klasikcis
    replied
    I think this critique is pretty on the money.
    I had corvettes and 2 of the more collectible Datsun 2000 roadsters. Both roadsters being what is known as lowscreen 2000's with excellent provenences and history.
    Always wanted a P car and have had 5 in the last 18mths. Look on my Aust del 930Turbo as an investment. My 911T ex UK and ex Clyde as a driver/ with some investment potential and our mint 86 Carrera Cab as a summer cruiser and a car my wife can use. I have always had toys and always will but try not to worry about the value just drive within my limits with ample insurance.

Leave a comment:

• ELSPORTO
    replied
    p.s not a dig at you John re: school fees - it's EXACTLY how I justified my purchase to my wife.

Leave a comment:

• ELSPORTO
    replied
    Playing Devils Advocates, but let's look on the bright side - at least current trends mean cars are being preserved one way or another - even resurrected.
    (let's leave the Rag and Bone advertisement aside for the sake of this argument!)

Less on the road or being raced means less being written off or stolen?

More cars being restored back to original - forward and back dates going back to original spec.
    Sporto to manual converted car owners now looking for the original sporto boxes - who would have even dreamt of that 6 months ago??

So that can't be a bad thing on it's own for the future of the species?

There will be a correction because there always is a correction, even if it's just levelling off.
    Prices simply cannot keep rising at this rate indefinitely - it doesn't and can't happen - use any other example of housing or financial markets. It's cyclical by nature.

And like the housing market, anyone on this forum probably has an early car so is 'on the ladder'.

If you're only buying to invest, the car has to be sold to realise the investment, otherwise it's not an investment!
    So these cars will come back to the market - likely when there's a levelling or correction and investors pull out to seek other markets.

Let's just hope they all come back on around the same time, because then we can start a thread about how pissed off we are because the price of our car has halved overnight and we now can't use it to pay for the kids private school education like we'd planned !!

Leave a comment:

• Fishcop
    replied
    I'm not overly happy with 911s becoming "investments".

I'm mid-build on the 68 which was always going to go Group S racing, however it is currently valued at more than an early GT3 track car and I have to wonder.

I'm beginning to be paranoid driving the 69 about, I now consider where I go, what times, and whether I have to park and leave it. My wife now regularly mentions I'm driving my kid's private school fees about - and we'd decided NOT to send him to private school :/

Insurance costs have tripled for me.

I do have to remember it's a First World problem.

Leave a comment:

• jock69t
    replied
    Totally agree with these sentiments. My dreams of buying another air/oil cooled coupe have disappeared I think. Hence my recent question about the practicality of a permanent conversion of a convertible/cabriolet to a coupe.

Hopefully this bubble will burst like others have in the past.

Leave a comment:

• mr901
    replied
    I suspect another reason is international investors pushing up global prices as they soak up buckets of cheap liquidity. The low aussie dollar just adds fuel to the fire !!

I've mentioned elsewhere that I'm totally depressed by the current state of the market. Enthusiasts are being pushed aside & cars are being put into storage. I have been surprised at the number of people telling me to lock up my GT3 & not race it.....it's been a race car all it's life & has 19,000 race km under it's belt. It will be a sad day that I have to slow down mid corner thinking of it's value....I am quietly wishing for a correction or flat line in prices but not holding my breath.

Interested in peoples views....I can't be the only one crying into my beer ?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X