205 gti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

205 gti

Well a few months ago - a 205GTi presented itself.

Ive loved these cars for years and nearly bought a low mileage used car in the early - mid 90's. I bought a 356C instead!

Fast forward 20 + years, and when a good friend asked me to keep my eye out for one - I had the immediate thought "I know where one is".

2 phone calls and 30 minutes later I was the part owner of a first generation Australian 1.9 GTi.

The difference between it and my 2012 Golf GTi daily driver is profound, but its still heaps of fun

JR
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Love those, especially the 1.9s.
    Good find mate! Enjoy it, should be heaps of fun, they're such fun to drive.
    The first car i bought new was a 206gti, but a lot of the fun of the 205 was lost in that; it was too luxurious and too heavy.
    1973 911T Coupe
    1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Fabulous cars. Although opposite to a 911 with front wheel drive and the engine at the front.... they both offer a visceral analogue drive that is completely engaging. Looks like a great car.
      Mick

Comment

I had one of those - brought a new meaning to the term "lift off oversteer!"
        Mark Munro
        '69 911T (sold)
        '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
        '69 MG Midget Group S car
        TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Before the make over.

Comment

Love it - great car and choice Justin - brings back great memories of my youth (I must be getting old to say that!). My friend's father led the development of the 205 and it was a game changer for Peugeot.

Have fun!

Cheers
            Adam

Comment

Working...
            X