X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to look like this to me...

3AD88BB7-CD05-461F-82FF-217EA3C46DA4.png

Comment

Tesla Shares down 43% this year so far, something ain't right.

Comment

I don’t care, I’m not a shareholder. Terrible, terrible financial investment so far unless you bought really early. Share value horribly distorted by all the short sellers betting on them to go broke.

But then again, what else is new. Nissan boss in jail, Audi boss was in jail (now sacked) VAG have paid €30 billion in fines. Porsche execs probably going to jail. GM went broke, government bailed them out. Ford wish they’d gone broke. Every legacy car maker propped up by massive govt subsidies, esp VAG and BMW, Hyundai and Kia (think a few people in jail over that too). 5 minutes ago JLR was top of the pops, now they’re going broke. Ford burned billions on Jag then gave them away. And so on. Here’s a tip: don’t buy shares of car makers.

Pop quiz: which of the 10 big car makers are profitable and what have their shares done this year (if they are legitimately fully listed companies, which most aren’t).

Meanwhile Tesla has sold 300,000 Model 3, making 6,000 a week, soon to be biggest selling EV ever. May go broke, who knows, who cares, they’ll still keep making and selling EVs. Didn’t stop GM

Model 3 now available here, starting price $66k+. Personally can’t think of a better premium sedan for the same money. But up to the market. Which seems to like them.

Comment

Bmw
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Last edited by Bremith; 04-06-19, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bremith View Post
            I don’t care,
            Yeah, I sensed that after the 7th page

Comment

651D18F5-4CE7-44D6-AD65-CD67E4D8A775.png VAG
              10/4/15 $253.20
              2/10/15 $92.36
              63% drop in <6 months...

Comment

Don’t buy auto shares. ANY auto shares. They suck. Or live with the volatility if you do.

and Tesla has been happily telling people for YEARS that EVs are batteries on wheels and lining up battery supply is THE critical part

so what do VW do? Think they’ve signed up for 20Gwh but actually get ... um ... 5 ...

Comment

F35FAAD1-C251-4ADA-8DBE-1FA3A39B8219.png Toyota

Comment

Well Tesla made 87,000 cars in 3 months and sold 95,000. Which is crazy EV numbers, which is (my) point in this whole off topic thread. And they did it by building a stunning EV which you can buy in Australia (in a month) for less than a BMW 3 series. Watch the Oz sales, you’ll shortly see them everywhere.

There will now no doubt be hysterical commentary about profit, debt, Musk, Space-X, executives, SEC, so called Tesla killers, questions around demand and who knows what else. Cue 9er. And the share price will go up, down and sideways, shaped fundamentally by people making massive bets with other people’s money that Tesla will go broke.

Meanwhile Tesla just keep making and selling cars in crazy numbers. China factory will start producing cars late this year/early next. Model Y not far off and that will be stunning - if you can sell sedans in the current auto market then your “midsize SUV” or whatever you call those things is going to do well.

And legacy manufacturers have still produced almost nothing in the EV space. While Tesla sells a 7yr old car for $160k with 0-100 in 3 secs and 700 km range.

Amazing times.
                    Last edited by Bremith; 03-07-19, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Mitchell,
                      I don't think you'll get Chris to "Cue 9er" on this topic, I think this thread was one of the reasons he's no longer a member here.
                      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Crikey. Sensitive petal.

Comment

Surely no one is that sensitive?

And this thread just highlights what everyone surely sees; massive changes on the horizon?!?

electric cars...

the death of coal...

followed by the death of natural gas (and hopefully followed by nuclear soon after)...

internet of not just things but absolutely everything!!!
                          Richard Griffiths
                          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Tesla shares up 44% since bottomed 3 June, ostensibly because Tesla delivered more cars in Mar-Jun than the shorters hoped. Still down 22.5% YTD tho. This week we find out how much money Tesla lost Mar-Jun. More share price roller coaster action. China factory reportedly will start spitting out cars as early as September. That will be interesting. Big factory in biggest market in the world.

Comment

Well I’m officially a Tesla shareholder as of last week so have an official ticket to ride the Tesla roller coaster!

so I can preface with declaration: “the author is long Tesla” (altho my shareholding won’t buy me a seat on the board)

personally I think they’re in “too big to fail (easily)” territory now, 2 years ago they cd go bust without much collateral damage but now selling more cars than Porsche and Jag, China factory nearing production, Model Y soon-ish and Tesla truck reveal soon-ish too. Still, not saying they can’t go bust and I lose my $$$s

from all reports they have started delivering thousands of Model 3 here so will soon be a common sight in Oz. Model 3 straight out better priced and performance than BMW 3, Audi A4, Merc C, Alfa Giulia etc

Comment

Working...
                              X