No announcement yet.

Tesla has cracked 60,000 Model 3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess when Tesla announced (good) quarterly results...

83418793-5889-49EA-930B-715439E4E026.jpeg

Comment

Scary!

45A52E81-30A2-4E3A-B5B6-FE852688FDF9.jpeg

Comment

EE4BE35B-939D-4E7B-A46F-447BF17B2A51.jpeg (Putting aside the fact I’m a shareholder as of Aug19) imagine saying 5 years ago “what I’m gonna do is take my super tiny car company and build an electric midsize premium sedan that will match global sales of the A4 in Q3 2019 after 18 months on the market”. I’d hate to think how long it took VAG and how much they spent reinventing the image of Audi to get to the same point...looks like VAG, who seem by far the most aggressive legacy automaker when it comes to EV, will be making about 250,000 ID3 a year from middle 2020, ramping up to 500,000 over 2 years...all indicators are that Tesla will sell more than 350,000 cars in 2019 and 500,000+ cars next year with China factory online making Model 3 before end of 2019 and Model Y in production first half next year...crazy times...stand by for the reveal of the Tesla pickup...if you hate Tesla hype better get a sick bag! And you might need it when you see it - word is the design is “out there” (AKA it’s fugly)...

Comment

Here’s an online guess...

6E66E758-A67C-4F16-849F-E86250C22CAD.jpeg

Comment

2640935A-2379-4FFF-8DF4-D5491CFCADEA.jpeg And the real thing...

Comment

374A0D05-BFB7-4E67-ABDE-781DD8B5E15F.jpeg

Comment

Wacko the diddlio...

9A8531E7-CF1A-4515-B232-BCB7B4959B77.jpeg

Comment

Super bizarre...”Tesla has displaced Volkswagen as the world's second most valuable carmaker, after a dramatic rise in share price pushed its market value to more than $US100bn.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....iness-51214824

interesting...

https://www.motoring.com.au/tesla-ou...eugeot-122525/

(I am long TSLA)

Comment

Totally bizarre.

048E07DA-585C-4056-BAC3-0CE2321D02CF.jpeg

Comment

Holy cow.

9CAC5DCE-656D-4ADF-82E4-FC5608A40962.jpeg

Comment

1 million EVs and Model 3 biggest seller of all time:

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/03/10...FYV2NxTnhtWWU.

And selling very well here too:

https://thedriven.io/2020/03/06/tesla-claims-80-of-australian-market-as-electric-vehicles-hit-8000-mark/

Last edited by Bremith; 12-03-20, 09:13 PM.

Comment

An interesting article I just read re the Taycans realsitic range on an LA to SFO run and back.

An 800-mile round trip between Los Angeles and San Francisco reveals that range numbers aren't everything.

The writer still highlights the slow uptake of supporting infrastructure to service EV's though and I think this is mimicked worldwide where realistically Ev's account for maybe around 1% of vehicles on the road.

and nobody really discusses the cost and means to generate the power EV's need to recharge. I seriously doubt its all renewable energy being used to recharge batteries (or even the cost to produce these batteries). I'll stick to 6 cylinder, MFI power for my 911 at present.
                          sigpicPhil Lack
                          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                          Early 911-S Registry # 690
                          R-Gruppe # 367
                          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Lovely car the Taycan but very, very expensive and range is short compared to Model S and Taycan no faster. But each to their own. Porsche sell a lot of very, very expensive cars which I wd never consider or recommend buying (Panamera anyone?).

I know quite a few people with EVs and charging is in practice a non-issue because they charge at home from (inexpensive) 3phase connection or at work. When they do infrequent long journeys Tesla tells them where to charge and/or they use charging apps. But they do all have Teslas which have good range and good charging.

if you buy 100% GreenPower it 100% comes from 100% renewable sources. Everyone I know with an EV does that, only 5 cents a kwh for me (roughly $1/100km for an EV). Otherwise depends on where you live, but less CO2 emissions charging from standard grid power than ICE per km everywhere.

EV doesn’t replace old cars but will come to completely dominate new car sales in the next few years. Still be able to blast round in an MFI tho. Don’t think anyone has plans to stop that.

Comment

Interesting article about potential battery damage to EV batteries from fast chargers:

A new paper shows that a selling feature of electric cars, fast-charging stations along highways, actually subject batteries to high temperatures and high resistance that can cause them to crack, leak, and lose their storage capacity.
                              sigpicPhil Lack
                              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                              Early 911-S Registry # 690
                              R-Gruppe # 367
                              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Tesla expressly acknowledge that charging to 100% charge state and fast charging both inherently accelerate the slow loss of capacity over time. Keep in mind tho that Tesla have sold a million cars over 10 years and there is no systemic battery failures. Tesla battery failure are are extremely rare and proving to have a lung life. Partly because in reality people rarely fast charge, almost all cars are overwhelmingly charged relatively slowly at home or work. And all of this stuff is improving at a great rate of knots while costs fall and energy density rises. We are at the early stages of EV development, especially batteries.

Comment

Working...
                                X