No announcement yet.

The Duckett Alfa Romeo 105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any one with a brain will know it has been painted as Italian paint circa 1973 was not so good but the rest is original, minor flaws included so it will fool plenty of people into thinking it is all original
    Last edited by Terminator; 19-04-19, 01:26 PM.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Looking good Clyde. Had a peak under the bonnet of one of the local club cars which was on display at Dromana on Australia Day. That Alpha motor sure looks sweet ; have actually developed a soft spot for one but I note prices have moved substantially since I had last looked, have a good trip to Canada.
      Nev

Comment

Yes prices have moved a lot and one day I will attempt to move them even higher with this example
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

It made sense to check it all out as it leaked like a sieve and needed a total re seal. 100% clean bill of health and oh so close to being finished image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage1.jpeg
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

Clyde it will be one sweet low miledge unit when finished. Got notification the other day of a nice one owner white one that sold on car sales with an asking of around $45K but hard to tell how good or bad it was from the picture. Look forward to seeing it!

Comment

Hi Neville,

Even the rusty crappy ones bring $40k plus these days. I saw one such example last week and it will take $100k to make it great again. Even then it won't be like mine as it is, apart from the new shiny external paint, all original and very rust free.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

The 1600 Guilia Sprint Veloce stepnose of course is the jewel in the crown followed by the series 1 1750. Unfortunately the 2 litre series seem to be regarded as the “g” series due to lights and dash changes.
                [B]M.P.Lanza

Comment

Clyde I see that CTS have 3 versions of the 105 currently in stock all priced at just under $109,995

Comment

Originally posted by mario lanza View Post
                    The 1600 Guilia Sprint Veloce stepnose of course is the jewel in the crown followed by the series 1 1750. Unfortunately the 2 litre series seem to be regarded as the “g” series due to lights and dash changes.
                    No the GTA is the jewell in the crown and I preffer the series 2 1750 hate the lights sitting on top of the bumper bar on series 1 and no overriders
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
                      Clyde I see that CTS have 3 versions of the 105 currently in stock all priced at just under $109,995
                      Ask Gus what he paid for his nice 1750
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President

Comment

DSC_4369_70_71_outDoor+Car.jpg Yes a friend has one of two allegedly still in Victoria. A handmade riveted aluminium bodied special engined car - from a tuning house should not be compared with an ordinary dealer car! ! The step nose 1600 Guilia sprint veloce is fairly praised around the world know with cognoscenti pricing them highest - apart from the special production models ie. SS etc.

​​​​​​​
                        [B]M.P.Lanza

Comment

Almost complete back on the road just a bonnet to install, a few minor trim pieces and it's final polish.

It seems quicker than any Porsche repaint I have done.

The exhaust was a job and a half, alfas had a 2 piece exhaust originally but all you can buy is 4 piece so a lot of welding later we have a 2 piece
                          exhaust like original.

IMG_0223.JPGIMG_0214.JPGIMG_0215.JPG
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

last one IMG_0222.JPG
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President