Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 year celebration images

Hi all,

I am reaching out to the Porsche community that might have some images of the 50 year celebrations for Porsche in Aus. They were held 20 years ago now, and know that a few on this forum might have some good images that may wish to share, and provide Porsche Cars the rights to publish in an upcoming 70 year book.

Please call or email me directly if you have anything. Thanks in advance!

alex.webster@porsche.com.au or 0419 527 567
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Alex, do you have a deadline for this? I do have some images, however they are prints, and all that stuff is in a tea chest at the back of the factory under piles of ****. None the less, it is on my shortlist to sort over the coming months.

Comment

Hi Alex, unfortunately 20 yrs back, digital cameras were somewhat rare and we all still used wet film, so like Carl, most of my pics are hard copies. I will have to try to find them to see what I have available.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thanks Gents. This is part of the challenge, many of the prints have not been converted to digital, and therefore many of the Porsche archives cannot be found. Anything you can find asap would be great, but thankfully Justin has come to the rescue. Bonus if there is anything else floating around. Good to have on file somewhere either way. Ensure that we do have those records going forward !
        Alex Webster

Comment

Hi Alex,

I found an old portable HDD and on it I have many pics of the 40th year celebrations of the 911 in Australia dated 9/11/2003. This was when we met at Collingwood and then all proceeded up to the Yarra Valley (Domain Chandon) and parked all the cars amongst the vines with a display of every model year from 1963 onwards.

Are these pics of interest ? here are a couple as an example of what I have.

I can possibly share a link wiht you to my OneDrive account so you can view them all and use any of them you need.

DSC02974.JPG DSC02951.JPG
          sigpicPhil Lack
          R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Thanks Phil, Sorry I missed the post. Yes please send the link when able.
            Alex Webster

Comment

Alex, I will need an email address to send the share advice to. If you got my SMS then pls reply to that with your best email address to use and I will send you the link.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Working...
              X