Kombi for Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kombi for Cam

I couldn't help myself and bought another splitscreen a while ago, makes a good parts hauler!

All rust repaired, and restored underneath with new running gear, and left ratty on top. Lots of money spent by the previous owner. Prior to restoration it spent its life in Broekn Hill where some of my miss-spent youth was spent as a jackaroo. As usual I've been making a few changes! Before and after pics.....

Ute3.jpg
    Ute.jpg
    Last edited by CamBiscuit; 28-09-21, 10:51 PM.
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Good one you and Mr Upwey can start a new sub club
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Nice one Cam!

I’m still looking for a split screen double cab project… missed one a little while back by about 30mins which i’m still annoyed about.

how many do you need for a sub-register?
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Looks great Cam. Love the roof rack, but I do prefer the original wheels.
        What year is it, what motor is fitted and is it enjoyable to drive.....assume you get plenty of thumbs up from onlookers. What's in the Porsche box ?
        When Julie takes her 63 Beetle out, it's amazing how many people come up to her with stories of one that they used to own......
        This one (link hereunder) which was owned by a friend was sold via Shannons in June for $46k. I drove it from her house to Shannons, about 20km, and it was a real struggle to keep it within a lane....it tended to wander a bit.
        A friend is selling her stunning 67 Kombi Ute, so on her behalf I've offered to put it up here in the event that a TYP901 member may be interested (definitely wouldn't interest Clyde ;)). The vehicle is located in Surrey Hills (Vic) and the owner, Julie, is initially looking at offers around $65,000. As shown on the attached
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Cam, nice single cab, I've had kombi's all my driving life, T1's, T2's (single and double cabs).

These days I have a few t3's Std and Syncro, so a sub club is looking good Clyde.

Bound to be a few more amongst the members.
          Uwe Imhoff
          TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

looks great Cam

a few mates and I drove a 56 Kombi from SE QLD to Perth and back via Margaret river decades ago, long way at 80km but lots of fun.

5 teenagers, no seat belts, sleep on the go while we ensured 2 stayed awake up front. 1 clutch replacement and an engine rebuild between swims at Yallingup.
            Last edited by Jeff Eelkema; 30-09-21, 02:34 PM.
            Jeff Eelkema
            TYP 901 #132
            S-Reg #1431
            69E (project)
            various bevel Ducatis
            60s Vespa

Comment

Originally posted by 911jack View Post
              Cam, nice single cab, I've had kombi's all my driving life, T1's, T2's (single and double cabs).

These days I have a few t3's Std and Syncro, so a sub club is looking good Clyde.

Bound to be a few more amongst the members.

geez, the things you never knew about people!!

Richard Griffiths
              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Thanks Guys

Peter its running a 1776 engine, the rear end has been straight axled and its been lowered somewhat! I drive it to work when the weather is good. No big trips so far, about an hour is the max but it will sit on 100kmh ok.......on the flat! Lots of fun! And I was carrying a new front bumper for the GT3 ;-)
                Cam Arnott
                Looking for engine #6208151
                1970 911E (Sold)
                '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                2 x Split Screen Kombis
                TYP 901 Register # 78
                Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Nice Cam, I love the split window Combi's, I seem to have gone a different direction though...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Marcus
                  TYP901 Member #81
                  1972 911E

Comment

Looks sweet Cam
                    go the volksies
                    reubs

Comment

Wow marcus… that’s a little different!!
                      Richard Griffiths
                      1970 911T 2.8