Volkswagen T2 Campmobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volkswagen T2 Campmobile

Suppose it had to happen. Decided after reading about all the club members with a foot in the Volkswagen camp and after being bought up with VW’s off all types including even an early Manx style fibreglass buggy and starting my kids off with a Superbug that they both managed to destroy Jan and I decided it was time to join the fraternity. Collected at the weekend a 1976 Australian delivered Volkswagen 2000 auto Traveller which was professional converted in 1976 by Sofru to a Campmobile. The last owner handed in his licence at 94 years old after purchasing it in 1984 so it is till fully registered on the original B&W plate from 1976 being IPY 886. 100% original with documented history in the factory Wattle Yellow with orange side stripes it is in very good condition with the original camper fit out in situ. Driving it home thru the Dandenong s from Warburton to Dromana made me very aware that it is about the journey, relaxation and nothing to do with time. Nev

Nice one Nev!

How about some pics?
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Collected Saturday afternoon now to get it sorted for a roadworthy and first excursion. Very honest 2 owner car that has been well maintained and seems genuine 157,000 km unit.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Very nice!

I'm still on the look out for unicorn rocking-horse poo... Split double cab Ute project. Think I'll be retired before something workable lands on the market.

First excursion going to test out the camping fitout as well?
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Looks great! Congratulations on finding it
          Joyce

68 912
          85 911 Cab

Comment

Jan has taken 6 mths long service so after being members of a horse riding club in Gippsland when we were a bit younger and roughing it in the back of a Ford Bronco thought a few trips with our Border Collie in a Campervan would be a bit of fun. Thinking Phillip Island, Port Fairy, Lorne and maybe a run to Adelaide may be do able. Obviously will need sites with amenities the days of really roughing it with a shovel are all but memories. Should be fun! Nev

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
              Jan has taken 6 mths long service so after being members of a horse riding club in Gippsland when we were a bit younger and roughing it in the back of a Ford Bronco thought a few trips with our Border Collie in a Campervan would be a bit of fun. Thinking Phillip Island, Port Fairy, Lorne and maybe a run to Adelaide may be do able. Obviously will need sites with amenities the days of really roughing it with a shovel are all but memories. Should be fun! Nev
              A bit of fun....maybe!!
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
              X