TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wait time for a new Porsche/ Audi/ VW about to blow out even further ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait time for a new Porsche/ Audi/ VW about to blow out even further ...

Craig
    12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
    1972 2.4E Targa project
    1973 911 2.4E for the road

Well mine is not on board, 3 mths since I paid a deposit and so far don't even have an allocation yet for my PTS 718 Spyder and looking at 6-8 mths after receiving the allocation based on other customers experiences.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I actually ordered a Macan yesterday and asked about this. They didn’t seem concerned especially as all those cars onboard were LHD. They haven’t changed the quoted delivery schedules based on the incident basically. Fingers crossed…
      '97 993 - new toy
      '95 993 - on the chopping block
      '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Comment

I work in new vehicle supply chain and the effect of the COVID disruptions will be felt for several more months, possibly into 2023.

Production returns while there are components and then slows again.

Finding space on Roll on roll off vessels or space on a wharf near a vehicle factory is a challenge now.... then scheduling the arrival of the vessels in their destination ports and avoiding bunching.

Justin
        Justin Reed
        aka Reedminor
        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
        1961 356B #114700
        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by pocketscience View Post
          I actually ordered a Macan yesterday and asked about this. They didn’t seem concerned especially as all those cars onboard were LHD. They haven’t changed the quoted delivery schedules based on the incident basically. Fingers crossed…
          Specs?
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post

Specs?
            PNTJP2K1

It's technically for my wife (replacing Subaru Outback), so she didn't want a balls-out racer setup.. but it'll still be fun.
            image_26538.jpg
            Last edited by pocketscience; 22-02-22, 08:33 AM.
            '97 993 - new toy

Comment

Related to this, Porsche have started paring back specs on new builds in response to ongoing supply chain issues. I received an email stating that almost all new builds from January will not have electronic steering adjustment - you'll get manual adjustment with no option to retrofit. For some time they've been shipping cars from the factory with bits missing - where those bits could be added at the dealership - basically to give the supply chain extra time. But with the control module for the electronic steering adjustment that's no longer an option - it's NLA. I wonder what will be next on the chopping block...
              '97 993 - new toy

Comment

I was looking at a new Benz SUV and the 360 degree cameras are now a delete, or at least the side mounted cameras are due to chip shortages. Seems they are reducing some specs in order to keep production flowing. Interestingly now they print-on-demand a brochure for you as the old ones included features they can no longer supply.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

this will be ongoing for at least 6-12 months, maybe more.

The conflict in Ukraine has put the German OEM's under even more supply chain strain.

Suppliers often supply 10's or more manufacturers, and many of these are either in former eastern block countries or supplied by companies in them - everything is so inter-connected that if one supplier sneezes, the next once catches a cold.

Interesting times - and somewhat frustrating for those purchasing new cars.

Justin
                  Last edited by reedminor; 24-03-22, 08:55 AM.
                  Justin Reed
                  aka Reedminor
                  1961 356B #114700

Comment

I suspect it is likely to increase the value / prices of recently built. low use. used cars that have the full level of equipment that the new ones dont have
                    Hugh Hodges
                    1973 E
                    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

yes - just look at the movement in old Cayman Gt4's for example.
                      Justin Reed
                      aka Reedminor
                      1961 356B #114700

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post
                        this will be ongoing for at least 6-12 months, maybe more.

The conflict in Ukraine has put the German OEM's under even more supply chain strain.

Suppliers often supply 10's or more manufacturers, and many of these are either in former eastern block countries or supplied by companies in them - everything is so inter-connected that if one supplier sneezes, the next once catches a cold.

Interesting times - and somewhat frustrating for those purchasing new cars.

Justin
                        Yes the wiring looms for my 718 Spyder come from the Ukraine so 12 months or more has become much longer I suspect so much so the model may be done before my car get's to the starting line.

Oh well was a good idea at the time, hope Porsche is good for returning my sizeable deposit.
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

I have it in writing from PCA that they are expecting increased significant delays for Aussie cars
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

I can’t even get a response out of the Willoughby guys on my Macan…
                            '97 993 - new toy

Comment

Working...
                            X