TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victorian Tour De Cure Charity Ride November 2022 - I would appreciate your support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victorian Tour De Cure Charity Ride November 2022 - I would appreciate your support

Fellow member and friends,

I am posting this with the knowledge of and permission of the committee.

Until your life has been touched by cancer, cancer is just a bad luck and a sad state of affairs. Until it becomes real.

My dad Brian Reed ( one of the founder members of PCNSW and a life member) was diagnosed with cancer 31 years ago. His life was cut way too short after a brave battle over 4 years. One of the Typ 901 Founder members Lisa Gregory also succumbed to cancer. Even my great friend Mark Goddard (who joined me at the 2004 Typ901 Parade) was taken way too early.

As a MAMIL, over the years I’ve thought of putting my love of cycling to good use for cancer research by registering for Tour de Cure. But life got in the way and the years rolled by. Until now.

In the past year I’ve been hit with a double whammy that has provided the catalyst for this Tour de Cure adventure.

Firstly, the motivation kick-start came from my wife’s cousin, Raffa/ EF elite cyclist @lachlanmorton, who rode the “alt” Tour in 2021– the Tour de France - unassisted and beating the peloton to Paris . His 5500km feat raised more than $US760,000 for those in need. The final straw that broke the camel’s back was my father-in-law being diagnosed with lung cancer, having never smoked a cigarette in his life.

Cancer is a heartless and indiscriminate disease which not only touches it’s victims, but forever changes their family and friends.

My hope is that if you haven’t already been touched by cancer – that you never are. But you can do something to help my wish become a reality.

Please support my Tour de Cure adventure ( where I ride 320 kilometres over 3 days, including a stop at Phillip Island) to raise funds for cancer research.

Every dollar counts – whether it’s $5, $50 or more – and will help to change the lives of patients impacted by cancer. You can donate at the link below:

https://tourdecure.grassrootz.com/vi...2/justin-reed?
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Undergoing chemo at the moment so I appreciate your endeavour Justin.

Comment

Hi David

thanks for the encouragement.

your note has given me more….

Many thanks

Justin
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1961 356B #114700

Comment

Thanks Justin.

Hopefully a good result for both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by David 68T View Post
          Thanks Justin.

Hopefully a good result for both of us.
          Best wishes for a great outcome David from all here at TYP901 and go Justin.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thanks Clyde and David - and also to typ 901...

Justin
            Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1961 356B #114700

Comment

Working...
            X