Mid-week social drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid-week social drives

Is anyone else thinking they don't drive their car enough? If so, would you be interested in doing a semi-regular mid-week social drive, leaving from near Mornington about 9.30 or 10am, driving for an hour or so and then having coffee or lunch somewhere? Maybe once a month or more frequently if there is enough interest. I'd be happy to organise the first one, then perhaps participants could volunteer to choose a drive/end point each time.
    Joyce

68 912
    85 911 Cab

Great idea Joyce - I'd definitely be keen and I'm sure a few others would be also.

Peter Williams
    Secretary
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Being on the Peninsula either weekend events, runs or 'cars and coffee' more suitable for us due to Jan's work commitments.

Comment

Count me in as I am also peninsula based
        Weather looks ok wednesday morning?

Comment

How about an early hour run or something like that either Sat or Sunday, so it does not interfere too much with school sport etc. A 7am run for an hour or so and a coffee at Merricks or Mt Eliza to finish up?
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by Ando View Post
            Count me in as I am also peninsula based
            Weather looks ok wednesday morning?
            Weather definitely looks to be OK tomorrow, but sadly I have another commitment until lunchtime. Maybe Ando and Peter could do an initial drive?
            Joyce

68 912
            85 911 Cab

Comment

I don't want to take over Ossi , its your idea , so happy to wait until you are ready.
              We can discuss further on the day for future runs

Comment

Had a chat over a cuppa with Joyce (Ossi Blue) today and we tentatively decided to organise a midweek run on or around Wed 21st August....this one is likely to be on the Mornington Peninsula - a relatively easy but interesting drive with lunch at one of the many great venues that this area has to offer. Obviously many members find it difficult or impractical to attend a midweek run, but in my experience, many members with young families or sporting commitments find it just as difficult on weekends.......we're just offering something different for those who wish to take a relaxed midweek drive and coffee/lunch in picturesque/interesting localities which are usually overrun with tourists on weekends. Of course, there's no reason we can't also have short weekend runs as Alex suggests (which we have done in the past) - and the longer runs as Clyde and I have been organising over the past many years (the next one being on Sunday 11th August - see Clyde's thread). We'll keep you posted.

Peter Williams
                Secretary
                Last edited by MrUpwey; 21-07-19, 08:03 PM.
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901
                1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Working...
                X