• Show
Clear All

A.O.M.C. Announcement. Electronic Payment of Club Permit Renewals, Victoria

Hello All. Verbatim from the A.O.M.C.

CJ.

Questions and Answers
    Electronic Payment of Club Permit Renewals

To Clubs as addressed,

Here is supplementary information provided by VicRoads in response to many enquiries received from our Clubs.

1. Q. Although the instructions say that both the applicant AND the Club Authorising officer must sign the form, there is only one space for a signature - I assume this must be for the authorising officer?
    1. . The Club Endorsement Form is solely for the club authorised officer to confirm that the member requesting the renewal is a financial member of the club and the vehicle for which the renewal is sought is registered to the club. This form was developed keeping the current Pandemic situation in mind to assist the clubs endorse a renewal request with minimal to zero contact. Where the Club chooses to use this form instead of signing the applicant’s renewal form, the applicant must attach both the forms- where the renewal is completed and signed by the applicant and the endorsement form is signed and completed by the club.
    1. Q. The editable PDF is set up so that the signature can only be added manually, so I would have to print it off, sign it THEN scan it to a PDF before emailing it back to the member AFTER I print a copy to put in the hard copy files AS WELL as updating the spreadsheet to show the permit has been renewed! IN addition, many members will simply send the form to me without filling in all the vehicle details - engine/chassis numbers etc - do I send it back and ask them to fill this info in before I authorise it, or do I fill in those details after referring back to my records? This is turning into a FULL TIME JOB!
    A. The Club endorsement form is not a must and is to be used as an alternative method to endorse the permit renewal with minimal contact, as this was developed keeping the safety of the members in mind and to ensure a simpler process that would also assist the members in regional areas.
    The completed form can be forwarded by the authorised officer as a photo or a pdf to the club member, as the online system has been designed to accept both. The signature field is non editable as VicRoads requires the signature of the authorised officer to verify the application and the signature against the records held. VicRoads would appreciate if the club can fill in the vehicle details based on the information held by the club and acknowledges the additional time required to fill in this form. However, the club can continue to choose the earlier process and request the members to forward the renewal form to sign and endorse the permit renewal request.
    1. Q. The current renewal DOES NOT list the model - this is a NEW FIELD????
    A. VicRoads does not currently record model details on its club permit database, as such this field can be left blank in the Club Endorsement form.
    1. Q. To see how the system works, I set up a myVICROADS account online. All good EXCEPT when you log into your account, every vehicle you have registered with Vic Roads is shown EXCEPT any permit vehicles, and there is no way to add a vehicle to your account?????????
    A. As advised to the AOMC and the Federation, club permit vehicles will appear in the myVicRoads account only if the club permit vehicle was previously linked to a customer id (licence or customer number). If any member wishes to proceed with the online renewal and at the time of the renewal does not see the club permit vehicle in their account, they must contact VicRoads call centre on 13 11 71 to have it linked. Please Note: This should be done when the permit renewal is due.

It is starting to look like the manual system will be a damn sight easier to stay with!

Comment

I too have been caught up in this with various anomalies in VicRoads systems coming to light. I have discussed it at length with club secretary, Peter Williams and it seems more clarification may be needed, especially where you have had club rego for some time cause in the early days, they didnt cross reference your Drivers Licence No in the CPS system, but now VicRoads uses that number as your ID for many items including cross referencing yr current car (and boat) regos when you set up a new online VicRoads account.

I spoke with a helpful VicRoads person yesterday who said you just need to call them and they will manually add yr CPS rego to yr account, but you need to setup a VR account first. Eventually they hope to amalgamate several databases but at present the current CPS database remains separate to the standard, full rego vehicle database.

I guess it will eventually get there and will be a good system in the end . we should persevere for now as the CPS systems works in our favour so lets nt complain too much to VicRoads but maybe suggest refinements to AOMC who can officially advise VicRoads on members current experiences and suggestions to improve it.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

That sounds like a very complex and frustrating system.

Here,Tasmania, if you own a vehicle 30 years and younger in your own name, you may then register a (your) 30 year old PLUS vehicle under "Special Interest Registration" , SI .

Firstly it must be inspected for mechanical/road worthiness.

You don't have to be a member of any club.

You can use that vehicle 104 times a year,anytime of the day or night.

The registration is approx $195.00 (max) depending on cylinders., per 12 months.

There are no annual RWC's or limits on eligible cars owned .

But best of all If I buy a car directly off you Phil and transfer it immediately onto SI Reg in my name there is no 4% Transfer Stamp Duty , the rate here .

It's a really good system and so simple .

Comment

Another benefit of living in the Apple Isle ! Seems every State has a different system but despite these small issues with updating the system ( a lot of which I believe are internal VicRoads database changes), we still have a reasonable system that benefits most members. Judging by the latest plate numbers out there, it appears we have over 100,000 vehicles registered on the CPS system which I would assume if a far larger number than in Tassie hence the more complexity managing the Victorian system.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Carl and others. I've responded to the Q & A email above with my comments shown in red.
            I'm currently preparing a procedure document detailing the new (and improved) CPS online renewal system which will be emailed to all Victorian TYP901 members.
            Although VicRoads prefers clubs to adopt the new online digital functionality for CPS renewals, the current "manual" system can still be used. Note, for new CPS registrations the current system still applies.
            We'll also be updating the CPS document located as as a "sticky" in the "General and Technical Info" section of our Forum to include this new online system of CPS renewal, plus a few other things.

Peter Williams
            Secretary

1. Q. Although the instructions say that both the applicant AND the Club Authorising officer must sign the form, there is only one space for a signature - I assume this must be for the authorising officer?
            1. . The Club Endorsement Form is solely for the club authorised officer to confirm that the member requesting the renewal is a financial member of the club and the vehicle for which the renewal is sought is registered to the club. This form was developed keeping the current Pandemic situation in mind to assist the clubs endorse a renewal request with minimal to zero contact. Where the Club chooses to use this form instead of signing the applicant’s renewal form, the applicant must attach both the forms- where the renewal is completed and signed by the applicant and the endorsement form is signed and completed by the club.
            1. Q. The editable PDF is set up so that the signature can only be added manually, so I would have to print it off, sign it THEN scan it to a PDF before emailing it back to the member AFTER I print a copy to put in the hard copy files AS WELL as updating the spreadsheet to show the permit has been renewed! IN addition, many members will simply send the form to me without filling in all the vehicle details - engine/chassis numbers etc - do I send it back and ask them to fill this info in before I authorise it, or do I fill in those details after referring back to my records? This is turning into a FULL TIME JOB!
            A. As mentioned above, the Endorsement FormE is filled out by the authorised officer only.
            An electronic signature can be added to the form simply by using the "Fill and Sign" function available on the current free version of Adobe. The authorised officer needs to scan his/her signature, crop it to an appropriate size so that it fits neatly within it's borders and save it as a jpeg file. When the officer clicks on "Sign" in the Adobe toolbar, 3 options "Type, Draw, Image" are shown, choose "Image" and simply paste it to the form. For subsequent forms the "signature' will be the default option. Note that once the FormE is saved with the signature added, no edits of the form will be possible. If there are errors the form will need to be redone (not onerous).
            Vehicle details are added by the authorised officer from the signed Club Permit which has been emailed (pdf) by the applicant. Note that our club insists that the applicant provide a pdf of the signed Club Permit - photos not accepted.
            Adopting this procedure there is no need to scan the form as it can be saved as a pdf following certification and emailed directly to the applicant.
            Adopting this new renewal system requires that applicants and authorised officers have the ability to scan and email documents - otherwise use the current system.

The Club endorsement form is not a must and is to be used as an alternative method to endorse the permit renewal with minimal contact, as this was developed keeping the safety of the members in mind and to ensure a simpler process that would also assist the members in regional areas.
            The completed form can be forwarded by the authorised officer as a photo or a pdf to the club member, as the online system has been designed to accept both. The signature field is non editable as VicRoads requires the signature of the authorised officer to verify the application and the signature against the records held. VicRoads would appreciate if the club can fill in the vehicle details based on the information held by the club and acknowledges the additional time required to fill in this form. However, the club can continue to choose the earlier process and request the members to forward the renewal form to sign and endorse the permit renewal request.
            1. Q. The current renewal DOES NOT list the model - this is a NEW FIELD????
            A. VicRoads does not currently record model details on its club permit database, as such this field can be left blank in the Club Endorsement form.
            FormE has the fields "Model" and "VIN" whereas the Club Permit doesn't, so I guess these can be left blank on the FormE (should be confirmed by VicRoads)
            1. Q. To see how the system works, I set up a myVICROADS account online. All good EXCEPT when you log into your account, every vehicle you have registered with Vic Roads is shown EXCEPT any permit vehicles, and there is no way to add a vehicle to your account?????????
            A. As advised to the AOMC and the Federation, club permit vehicles will appear in the myVicRoads account only if the club permit vehicle was previously linked to a customer id (licence or customer number). If any member wishes to proceed with the online renewal and at the time of the renewal does not see the club permit vehicle in their account, they must contact VicRoads call centre on 13 11 71 to have it linked. Please Note: This should be done when the permit renewal is due.
            Can also contact VicRoads via their "Message" service. Be prepared for a long wait on the phone as all staff are now working from home due to Covid19 restrictions and their access to the VicRoads server/s is very slow.
            In the online accounts CPS vehicles are shown in a separate table and cannot be "interrogated" by the owner as is possible with full rego vehicles.
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901
            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Working...
            X