Rear Engine Design (RED) Car Show Sunday 18 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ossi Blue View Post
    Hi Peter, I've registered, but not sure if I can get to the breakfast - what time does Marcus have in mind?
    I guess if the show starts at 9am, then I guess around 7:30 - 8am....................but that's just a guess
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Hmm, maybe a bit early for me. So don't include me in the numbers for breakfast, but please let me know where to meet for the convoy arrival
      Joyce

68 912
      85 911 Cab

Comment

I've just received the following email from the event organisers.

Hi All,
        We are pleased to confirm RED21 will be going ahead on 18th April 2021.
        We have completed the covid safe requirements. The long range forecast looks promising with a max of 17 and morning clouds.
        In this last fortnight before the show, can you please reach out to your groups once more and remind interested people to register now via the free registration link. This makes entry more efficient on the day. https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/red2...s-141807818001
        If you have a facebook account please share the event on your pagesÂ

The show is open to any rear engine enthusiast, any model, any year, club members or not, everyone is welcome. The display area is for rear engine only, but there is ample parking for spectators and the venue has full facilities. Feel free to encourage your contacts to come along.
        General Entrance from 9am. If you have to set up a marquis/tent, enter from 8am.
        Cheers
        Julien
        VWCV

I have advised Julien that to date we have 9 registered entries and that we'll be arriving in convoy just prior to 9am.
        Marcus R has offered to organiset a good place for breaky/coffee nearby for those interested.
        We'll let you know the venue later next week when our numbers are more or less finalised.
        If you do intend going, please register and advise here by post accordingly.

Cheers
        Peter Williams
        Secretary

Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901

Comment

Just chatting with mates (outside typ901) I get a sense that a lot of people are planning on going. Reckon we should aim to arrive a bit earlier to ensure entry.

I dont think the eventbright ticket is anything more than a COVID safe rego. Same if your going as a spectator or car display participant
          Last edited by Andrew Vidler; 08-04-21, 04:48 PM.
          Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

I agree AV. We should plan to be there by 8:30am, so I suggest we should meet for a quick breaky and coffee (venue to be advised) and then head off in convoy at around 8:20am.
            I've been in contact with Julien (VW Club) today and he will be at the entry gate and will endeavour to get us parked as a group if we all arrive together.
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901

Comment

Hello all , already registered to attend but john suggested I join you guys for brekkie and convoy to the event so count me in please if there is still space

Comment

Hell yes, that car of yours looks awesome, such a cool colour.
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Vidler View Post
                  Just chatting with mates (outside typ901) I get a sense that a lot of people are planning on going. Reckon we should aim to arrive a bit earlier to ensure entry.

I dont think the eventbright ticket is anything more than a COVID safe rego. Same if your going as a spectator or car display participant
                  I have a feeling they may be overwhelmed
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

For those registered and going to the event, we will be meeting for an early breakfast/coffee and then travelling to the show in convoy so that we have the best opportunity to park together as a club group. Every indication is that it will be very popular so we should aim to get there by 8:30am at the latest.
                    Marcus Ramsay, who is local to the area, has found us a cafe which opens early, notwithstanding we may not have time for a sit down breaky......more likely a coffee and "take-away" snack.

Details from Marcus are;

We are good to go :

Cafe Aberdeen
                    34 Aberdeen Road Macleod

6 Minutes drive to the Austrian Club.

Opens at 7:00am Sunday, there i™s normally plenty of parking out front (it'™s a strip of shops).

They know we'™re coming.

They do full cooked breakfasts “ and some takeaway muffins etc.

I'™d suggest if your wanting a big breaky get there early.

Don't forget to print and bring your entry ticket issued by "Eventbrite" when you registered.

We will be leaving the cafe in convoy at 8:15am at the latest.
                    If you decide to travel directly to the event, be there by 8:30am and ask the gate person to direct you to the TYP901 spot.
                    Unfortunately, we won't be displaying our club banner, so please wear your club cap if you have one.....I'll bring along some spares.

I'll be emailing this message to those who have registered to date.

Cheers
                    Peter Williams
                    Secretary

Peter Williams #049
                    Secretary TYP901

Comment

I have registered for the event, I will meet you at the event but bringing a G series, sorry!

Comment

We had a very pleasant day at the Austrian Club today. Plenty of interesting cars, good German food and coffee and around 20 of our TYP 901ers in attendance.
                        Good to see new members Ralph H-T, Shaun (owner of Phil's E), Jed in his chartreuse 72S (71 build)....you'll need to ask him for the significance of that. Feature was AV's snow skis on his roof rack (both made in West Germany).....roof rack otherwise know as magpie catcher
                        Nice selection of rear engine cars including VWs of all sorts, Renault, Corvair, and a lovely Myers Manx buggy.....and plenty of others.

IMG20210418101045.jpg IMG20210418101140.jpg IMG20210418101152.jpg IMG20210418101123.jpg IMG20210418101249.jpg IMG20210418101209.jpg IMG20210418101257.jpg IMG20210418101225.jpg
                        Peter Williams #049
                        Secretary TYP901

Comment

.......and Sean (MRAR), your former 912, now owned by Mark, looks stunning (for a 912 )

Also good to see Leo back with his red 68S after his major engine, g'box and running gear rebuild.
                          Last edited by MrUpwey; 18-04-21, 07:20 PM.
                          Peter Williams #049
                          Secretary TYP901

Comment

IMG20210418123009.jpg IMG20210418123019.jpg IMG20210418123827.jpg
                            Peter Williams #049
                            Secretary TYP901

Comment

IMG20210418123057.jpg IMG20210418123847.jpg
                              Peter Williams #049
                              Secretary TYP901

Comment

Thanks for posting up Peter.
                                looks like some very nice cars on display.

Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Working...
                                X