Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
    Sufferred a major blow out today on left rear tyre while doing the run rec

Had to limp home on the back of the yellow bus.

Hope we all have better luck next week

Run rec will be incomplete now as RACV bus wouldn't complete it with me on the back
    Thats no good Clyde - was it the result of a puncture or did tyre delaminate?

No damage to driver or car I hope?

One of the 991 Speedsters in Albury had a similar rear tyre failure last weekend - wasnt pretty.

JR
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post

Thats no good Clyde - was it the result of a puncture or did tyre delaminate?

No damage to driver or car I hope?

One of the 991 Speedsters in Albury had a similar rear tyre failure last weekend - wasnt pretty.

JR
      Yet to determine, parked it in the corner in disgrace
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

In line with Covid numbers the restaurant is now fully booked so it can no longer accept anyone else for lunch
        but we are all booked and ready to go
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

You get a sleep in folks starting time is now 9AM which is a bit more civil, lunch at 12.30 in Drouin, morning tea stop for a while in Grantville and other stops during the drive, Kongwak Market and our often used photo spot. Weather looking good too.
          Last edited by Terminator; 20-03-21, 03:54 PM.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

woke up to a flat right front tire and only now noticed that what i had fitted were 185/65 Pirellis, whereas the spare tire is a 185/70 CN36 (the original 1973 spare tire I'm sure).
            Not the sort of thing you want to do when it's rainy and you're planning to drive on windy hilly roads in a convoy. Just didn't think that was safe.
            So new 185/70s are ordered, including the spare! The cn36 spare belongs in a museum....
            I'm gutted that I missed the drive chaps; was looking forward to it all week, rain or no rain.
            Hope you are having a blast! Looking forward (well, not really yet) to the pictures.

Patrick
            1973 911T Coupe
            1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

We had a great run today 7 cars started from Tooradin and ventured all over those great Sth Gippsland roads.

It was great to have new member Nathan and his daughter Amy on board with their lovely 1966 912 in fact it was just great to be driving again after a 13 mth break since our last drive.

Fortunately the wind had dried the roads so a safe journey was had by all followed by a great chat and lunch in Drouin.

Thanks to all those who attended and sorry for the 3 last minute withdrawals......

John as his car was running like a dog so he returned home.
              Gus as he felt like a dog after a big night out and stayed in bed.
              Patrick and Katherine who were dogged by bad luck with a flat.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

Thanks for the great run Clyde. Oh, & thanks for holding off the bad weather.
                Costas
                95 993 Carrera Coupe
                & a lesser 14 Audi A6 Quattro 3.0L TDI bi turbo (Daily Drive)

Comment

20210321_094622.jpg Small crew, but as usual, great roads and great company. We were fortunate that the roads were dry.
                  Thanks for organising Terminator
                  Doug
                  IG: @porschepicto

Comment

What a fabulous first drive with the crew from the Typ 901 Register - great roads, lovely cars, wonderful people!

So nice to be able to introduce one of my kids to the thrill of early air cooled driving.

Hopefully we will see Amy behind the wheel of the 912 in the not so distant future.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

DSC_1233.jpg Thanks for organising the drive Clyde, it was a great day! Great roads and company, a delicious lunch and even time to visit Kongwak market!
                      Joyce

68 912
                      85 911 Cab

Comment

Working...
                      X