VicRoads CPS Update. Slimline Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VicRoads CPS Update. Slimline Plates

VicRoads is now making same number club permit replacement number plates and same number club permit slimline replacement plates available. Because of systems limitations they are only available for order online for permit holders who have a myVicRoads account. Replacement and slimline club permit plates cannot be ordered at VicRoads’ Customer Service Centres (CSC) . Slimline club permit plates are only available for new issue club permits at CSCs.

Currently, only H or CH plates are available in the slimline format. M plates and SR plates will be available shortly, and I will advise when they are available.

The fees are:

Fees for same number replacement club permit plates and same number slimline replacement club permit plates
    Plate Type Single Pair
    Standard Size (Replacement) $35.60 $71.20
    Slimline (Replacement) $125.00 $185.00
    Mixed (standard + slimline) n/a $160.60

Fees for first issue club permit plates
    Plate Type Single Pair
    Standard Size (New issue) $19.20 (Veteran/Vintage/Motorcycle and trailer) $38.40
    (Classic & Historic motor vehicles, Street Rods and Modified vehicles)
    Slimline (New issue) Not applicable $185.00
    (Classic & Historic motor vehicles only)
    It would be appreciated if you could distribute the attached information to your constituent clubs.

John Lewis
    Principal Practice Advisor – Registration and Licensing

M 0405 757 770
    E john.lewis@roads.vic.gov.au
    W vicroads.vic.gov.au

VicRoads is part of the Department of Transport
    Same number replacement & slimline club permit number plates

Same number replacement club permit plates are now available in standard and (for eligible vehicles – currently only cars and trailers displaying CH or H plates) slimline plates.

Same number replacement club permit plates (including slimline plates) are ONLY available by permit holders ordering them through their myVicRoads account. Replacement club permit plates (inc. slimline replacements) CANNOT be ordered at VicRoads Customer Service Centres.

Upon request, VicRoads will issue slimline club permit plates for new club permits at Customer Service Centres. An additional fee will apply.

Here are some answers to possible questions to assist.

When can I request a replacement number plate?
    Same number replacement number plates can be requested online though customer’s myVicRoads account if existing club permit number plate(s) is lost or damaged. All types of club permit plates can be ordered as same number replacements.Replacement fees apply. Stolen number plates cannot be replaced with the same number.

How can same number replacement club permit plates be ordered?
    Not at Customer Service Centres. They can only be ordered as a same number replacement, online through customer’s myVicRoads accounts.

Are slimline plates available for all club permit vehicles?
    Slimline club permit plates are now available as same number replacements for CH and H plates. The range will be expanded to include slimline SR plates and M plates shortly.
    How can I get a myVicroads account?
    If you don’t have a myVicRoads account, go to to find out more.myVicRoads also allows online registration and permit renewals, vehicle status checks, allows vehicle transfers to be completed online, check driver licence status and demerit points order a replacement driver licence.

Why are replacement plates only available to order online?
    Ordering of same number replacement plates in either the standard or slimline size by existing club permit holders is offered as an online service to ensure an efficient ordering process that is compatible with VicRoads’ systems. Same number replacement plates cannot be ordered at VicRoads’ Customer Service Centres as the system is reliant upon customers entering details through their own myVicRoads account.

Why can’t slimline plates be made available for purchase at Customer Service Centres?
    For efficiency of transactions and to minimise demand at Customer Service Centres, VicRoads is only making optional slimline plates available as slimline replacements. VicRoads’ club permit database is not designed to readily allow changes of club permit numbers and changes of number are only allowed in rare circumstances, such as where plates are stolen.

Can I request slimline club permit plates if I am getting a new club permit?
    Good news! If you are obtaining a new club permit for your classic historic vehicle, you can request a pair of slimline H plates (for an additional fee). In future, you will also be able to request slimline M plates or SR plates for eligible vehicles (for an additional fee) when a new permit is issued.

What should I do if my club permit plates are stolen?
    Stolen club permit plates cannot be reproduced. A report to Victoria Police must be made and a new set of club permit plates (with the next available number) obtained by paying the appropriate fee

Can I replace a single club permit number plate that is damaged/lost?
    Yes. Club permit number plates can be requested as a single (same number, same size), pair (same number, same size) or a combination (standard + slimline - if eligible).

Can I request a Slimline plate if my permit type is not Classic & Historic? Slimline replacement plates are currently only available for CH and H club permit plates. It is intended to make M and SR plates also available in the slimline size in the future.

How will the new plates be received and how long will it take?
    Plates ordered through the myVicroads portal will be mailed to the myVicRoads account holder’s postal address. It may take up to 10 working days to receive them. An email with a tracking number will be sent when the ordered plates are dispatched.

What should I do if I don’t see my club permit vehicle in the myVicRoads account?
    If you wish to order a replacement plate online and cannot see the club permit vehicle in your myVicRoads account, please contact VicRoads on 131171 to have the permit linked to your myVicRoads account.

Can I request a replacement plate when my Club permit is expired?
    Replacement plates can only be requested when club permits are ‘current’. Replacement plates cannot be ordered for expired, suspended, or cancelled permits.

What should I do with my existing number plate when I order a slimline plate?
    Any existing plates must be destroyed and not affixed to another vehicle when you order a replacement plate. It is an offence under Road Safety (Vehicles) Interim Regulations 2020, to display number plates on a vehicle for which they were not issued.

What is the fee for ordering slimline club permit plates online?
    Slimline plates requested in a Customer Service Centre at the time of initial application (next out of the box), and through the myVicRoads portal as a conversion of the existing standard size plate (same number) are priced at $185 / pair.
    Dear Club Official

CLUB PERMIT SAME NUMBER REPLACEMENT PLATES AND SAME NUMBER REPLACEMENT SLIMLINE PLATES ARE NOW AVAILABLE

As a result of many requests from club permit holders and officials, VicRoads is making same number slimline club permit number plates available from 2 August 2021.

Club permit slimline plates are available as same number replacement number plates (a slimline version of the existing current permit number) for CH and H club permit plates. An additional fee will apply. (Slimline replacement plates are not yet available for M and SR number plates, but this option will become available shortly). Slimline plates are not available for motorcycles.

In addition to slimline plates, VicRoads is also making standard sized same number replacement club permit number plates available to replace lost or damaged plates for all club permit types.

The same number replacement (slimline or standard size) club permit plates can be ordered as a:
    • Single plate (standard size, or slimline for eligible vehicles).
    • Pair of plates. (standard size, or slimline for eligible vehicles).
    • Combination (standard + slimline for eligible vehicles).

Same number replacement (inc. same number replacement slimline) club permit number plates can ONLY be ordered through the permit holder’s myVicRoads account. [Customers without a myVicRoads account can obtain one through VicRoads’ website].

Replacement club permit number plates of any sort CANNOT be ordered at Customer Service Centres.

Upon issue of a new club permit, slimline club permit plates can be requested to be issued for eligible vehicle types (an additional fee applies) at a Customer Service Centre.

Number plate which have been stolen cannot be ordered though myVicRoads. Stolen plates must be reported to the Victoria Police, and new number plates with the next available number can be obtained by attending a VicRoads Customer Service Centre and providing a Statutory Declaration or copy of Police Report.

Bike racks and Exempt trailer plates cannot be ordered online.

Fees for same number replacement club permit plates and same number slimline replacement club permit plates
    Plate Type Single Pair
    Standard Size (Replacement)
    Slimline (Replacement)
    Mixed (standard + slimline)

Fees for first issue club permit plates
    Plate Type Single Pair
    Standard Size (New issue) $19.20 (Veteran/Vintage/Motorcycle and trailer) (Classic & Historic motor vehicles, Street Rods and Modified vehicles)
    Slimline (New issue) Not applicable (Classic & Historic motor vehicles only)
    How to order replacement plates online:
    Click on the ‘More Actions’ button (the three dots) against the club permit for which a replacement or slimline plate is to be ordered

Select the option, ‘Order Replacement Plates’
    • Select
    • the reason for requesting the replacement plate;
    • the number of plates required; and
    • plate type (standard /slimline).
    • Confirm the address
    • Pay appropriate fee by entering your payments details or selecting to auto-fill stored payment details from the MyVicRoads Account
    A payment confirmation screen with an order number will appear when the payment is processed
    • New plates will be mailed to the postal address recorded in the myVicRoads account.
    • An email with a tracking number will be sent when the ordered plates are dispatched (It may take up to 10 working days for the plates to be received).

Club Permit Renewal online

VicRoads made an online form for Club Permit renewals available during 2020 to enable permit holders to renew through their myVicRoads account. It would be appreciated if this easier renewal option, which provides certainty of payment, could be promoted to your members.

For more information on Online Renewals, please visit VicRoads web page https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/limited-use-permits/club-permit-scheme/renew-or-extend-a-club-permit

Carl, I also recvd an email about this and thought that VicRoads is really trying to make some extra cash on the slimline plates which are substantially more expensive than the standard issue regular size club plates. seems like a hefty premium to pay for less metal !
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Phil, I admit I don't mind the price so much, we are still the only state not to pay stamp duty on CPS vehicles in Australia which is much more significant for our cars now with the values the way they are.

Comment

Working...
      X