Noosa Beach Classic Car Show Run - 01/02 Oct 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noosa Beach Classic Car Show Run - 01/02 Oct 16

I though I'd better back up my commitment from the recent 901 dinner, where I made the undertaking to arrange a drive in Oct...

Fortunately the Noosa Beach Classic Car Show is on the first weekend of October, which is an excellent excuse to get away for a drive, dinner and overnighter.

Initial plan (all times are 'ish'):
    Sat 01 Oct noon - depart Brisbane, drive via back roads to Noosa.
    Sat afternoon - ? possible visit to Bowdens
    Sat evening - dinner & drinks in Noosa.
    Sun 02 Oct morning - visit NBCC Show.

Sunshine Coast chaps - hopefully you can meet us in Brisbane for the Saturday drive.

Gold Coast/Northern NSW chaps - hopefully we'll see you guys make the trip up. I'm sure we can rustle up some accom on Fri night is you don't want to bust a gut on Saturday morning.

Interstaters - the Noosa Beach Classic is a great car show, and well worth escaping the colder weather for. There'll be plenty of spare seats during the ride.

I'm sure Merv and Jim will chime in soon, waxing lyrical about the Noosa Beach Classic Car Show....

Sounds great Scotty. However, this year I am away at King Ash Bay in the NT for a week of fishing again. Sounds like I am away until Oct 10th.

Jim is sure to be around I may give him the 356 keys to get the car up, if possible.

We did a great drive last year through Mt Mee, Connondale, Cambroon and Kenilworth and then up the Obi Obi to Mapleton and down to Noosa from there. Good roads and lots of turns.

I did some judging at the NBCCS last year and hopefully the guidelines have changed!

The RACV at Noosa is good for accommodation if you get in now.

Comment

Sounds good Scotty, I'll be tentative until closer to the date. Need to work in with my wife's work commitments.

Be great to see some southerners as Harry did a few years back!
      Tom Laube
      Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
      VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

I am still in shock after the mid 70's hot pink VW convertible beetle won a trophy for possibly "crowd favourite"....what the.

Comment

The Saturday is a work day for me but I might come on the Sunday for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
            I am still in shock after the mid 70's hot pink VW convertible beetle won a trophy for possibly "crowd favourite"....what the.

Me too! However a lovely day in a a really beautiful location by the beach and river.

Comment

Looks like I could be in.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronBayChris View Post
                Looks like I could be in.
                Great news Chris.

Comment

I miss out again

Comment

Looks like time has go the better of most of us (again), and it looks like the long weekend is making accommodation difficult.

I'm now only going up for the day, so propose a drive up early on Sun morning. Display entrants are allowed in from 6am, general public from 8am.

I'm happy to plan a start time that accommodates either option, based on demand, so please post your thoughts folks.

Meeting point will be Inner North of Brisbane.

Comment

I spoke with the Malcolm King, President of the NBCCC, this week and he said that for the 3rd year in a row, the QLD Porsche Club is making this a focal event on their calendar. There are lots coming it seems.

I won't be there unfortunately as I will be at King Ash Bay in the NT being forced to drink beer and catch barra ... My wife could take the 911 up to the Car Show, but all persuasion has failed.

Comment

Hi Scotty

What time are you planning to leave? Are you meeting up with other Porsches?

Comment

Hi Andrew, I'm departing inner city at 5.45. Given that there were no other takers I thought I'd go up early. Should arrive around 7.45.

Comment

Working...
                          X